General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need a lil info about Abs brake pump replacement an battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:21 PM
jy3
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a lil info about Abs brake pump replacement an battery

Hello I'm Jy3 new to the forum.I wann apologize if I'am asking about this subject in the wrong thread .I have a 1995 4.0 v8 , that I purchased but needed the abs pump replaced,I got a good used one to replace it .My question is what esle should be repalced (if any)? And what else should we be looking for? My second issue is seeing that my truck is not on the road yet (do to the abs) it is not holding a charge ,should I repalce the battery to? And also it came with one key but the reomte is broken should i invest in a new one ? I would appreciate any information about addressing these issues and any recommendations to get this Rover the way it should be

Old 06-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do get a remote ( special order though dealer only ) as the car may go into lock down mode and you'll need the remote to get it unarmed again.
Not enough info on the abs as to why it needs a pump for me to help you there.
Battery should be a 680 cca rated. If you have not been driving it, give the battery a good charge and see what happens. If it still goes dead overnight, you'll need to have the quiesent draw measured and hopefully your not drawing more then 35 milla amps when car has been sitting with doors shut, key out after an hour. otherwise you'll need to diagnos the draw issue.