General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New to me Rover issues electrical?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 08:46 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me Rover issues electrical?

First Land Rover
97 disco1
Issues
No tach or temp gauge
Haven't tried moving it under power so not sure about speedo

I went into the fuse box and did find a blown 20 amp fuse that I think is supposed to be a 10 amp looking at the map so I put a 10 amp in it to be safe.

Tried it again and it didn't blow but still no gauges.

I found a GPS tracker/immobilizer that I removed.

I found a threat about the spade connector on the back of the alternator. Wiggled that no change on the tach.

It is currently not running. It tries to fire but isn't hitting on enough cylinders. You can fire it up on starting fluid and then throttle application will keep it running but on just throttle it is really rough. Runs fine from the bottle. Fuel filter was replaced and I have injectors on the way.

Some pics!

GPS tracker and relay. The GPS unit was tapped into a white wire with an orange stripe the went into the steering column. I removed it and spliced the connection back together. It turns over better but still not starting.

Is that yellow wire supposed to be connected to that spade connector between the yellow posts? Is yellow in this suv for airbag? The 10 amp fuse next to the 15 amp in the top right is the fuse I replaced.
I checked all the rest and none were blown. Do all the other fuses look correct?

I was told the radio was stolen at some point. I do not know what that bundle of wires on the left in the black sleeve goes to. any ideas?

This is what I get when I turn the key on and the engine is not running. Nothing twitches.