General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

p 38

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 01:28 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p 38

ht all i have a range rover p38 last weekend i went out to it pressed my open button had aa out they said its my imoberlizer got no hand book so got intouch with rover garage ,, got code for motor tried to put it in but stil putting engine shut down ,, so can anybody help please costing me a small fortune to get to work .. cheers ....

Old 02-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Shop and owner manual links below.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:45 PM
8th Gear

This happened to me, my fuse box under the hood was too hot too which may have caused the problem. I read that is common and has caused some fires too.

Does the" check engine light"come on when you turn the ignition key to position 2?.If not then the BECM has lost sync with engine ECM and a resync will be required via a BBS syncmate,autologic or Testbook.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 PM
2nd Gear
Smile p38

Originally Posted by 99p38a
This happened to me, my fuse box under the hood was too hot too which may have caused the problem. I read that is common and has caused some fires too.

Does the" check engine light"come on when you turn the ignition key to position 2?.If not then the BECM has lost sync with engine ECM and a resync will be required via a BBS syncmate,autologic or Testbook.
hi thanx got sorted it was somthink to do with the door locks ,, now sorted ,, thanx again ....