General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

passanger power seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 03:59 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile passanger power seat issue

Hey everyone I recently bought a 97 disco SE7 to start I love this vehicle it had impressed me more than my silverado. All of the goods she has 90,000 miles (in my eyes not to bad as long as i treat her right) no oil leaks except for a small power steering hose leak and other than that she is mechanically sound. Now the interior is a different story, almost all of the buttons surrounding the gauge cluster don't work or illuminate I.E. fog lamps wont illum on the button the out side lamps them self. My biggest concern right now is the passenger front seat will only recline. When I try to adjust forward,backword, up or down i can hear the seat motor knock and want to engage but no movement from the seat. When I try to adjust the back rest forward I hear no noise from the seat motor however It will recline back. I am fairly certain that the switch is working properly, I am leaning more towards bad seat motors. Any or trouble shooting or advice is appreciated I am fairly mechanically inclined so shoot away. Again thanks to everyone and lets get this solved.