General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Post Tune-up Misfife?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 06:28 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post Tune-up Misfife?

I have a 2000 Discovery II with 118k miles that I have replaced the MAF sensor (aftermarket), Bosch Platinum +2 plugs, 8mm wires (aftermarket), O2 sensors (supposedly quality used) and ignition coils (aftermarket). After replacing all parts, the Disco started up just fine, but did not make it over 15 mph before the engine felt like it was horribly misfiring!
I questioned the differently stamped firing order on the aftermarket ignition coils and decided to reinstall the original coils back thinking that was the problem. The ‘misfiring’ feel is still there while driving. The reason I wanted to replace all of the above is that I was told the MAF went out and had fouled out all the plugs, I know the plugs were fouled out, but am I headed down the wrong path, or have I just overlooked something?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Post Tune-up Misfife?

Why are you throwing all those parts at your misfire. A MAF won't cause or fix a misfire, who's wires did you use? Why used 02's, that is rweally not even close to wise or smart.
Sounds like you had good intentions and bad buying practices.
Exactly what fault codes did you have?