General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power steering and Ace problems.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Power steering and Ace problems.

Hello,

roughly about a month ago my d2 was dropped off a jack while doing my oil pump gears. It damaged an ace line and sensor. The mechanic who did it, family "friend" fixed it on my dollar. Now while fixing it, he zip tied my power steering line (low pressure, reservoir to pump) and cut that. Well, three days ago steering pump line burst in my driveway, I turned the car off immediately. Air was sucked into the pump. Today I'm replacing the line (filled the line w/ fluid before installation) and started the car up to bleed the rest out. The noise was very loud, and I could see air in the reservior. Again, instantly the motor was off. I went to inspect all high pressure lines to make sure another leak was sprung somewhere and found my newly replaced ACE line, was cracked; the dbag who put it back in cut the rubber spacer in between lines and never replaced it. So the lines have been touching. I have to replace the ACE line immediately, and I was wondering, since LR doesn't sell the full line they sell it two parts, if i could put a high pressure Teflon coated line rated at a high psi instead of the original one, it'll cost less and its literally fire proof, no matter what way i go ill have to put a high pressure coupler on it anyway. also, for my power steering pump, i replaced the damn thing not two months ago, just before it was dropped off the jack, with a remanufactured one, i only bought it because they had it at my AutoZone with a lifetime warranty, could a pump go this fast?

I posted this off of my phone, im not sure if this is the correct area, Its a little hard to tell with this app.

thanks .

Last edited by Dane!; 11-08-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: phone is retarded.