General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear Door Stuck - 2000 LR Discovery 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:06 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Door Stuck - 2000 LR Discovery 2

This is my first rover, and I've had it for about 2 weeks. The back door had been sticking, so I removed the LR logo from the back door, sprayed it, and it moved freely (in fact, it still is)! The back door opened and closed with no problems. Now, when I try to open the backdoor, it is completely stuck. The outside handle does absolutely nothing, and the interior handle will only unlock the door. I've tried pulling back the panel and see what's going on, but unfortunately I can't see much because i'm limited in how much of the panel I can take off without being able to open the door at all. Can anyone offer any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes inside the back door on the metal rod that goes from the outside door handle to the lock mechanism lever. Metal rod goes threw a hole on end of metal rod is a plastic clip they get brittle and fall off then door handle does nothing. You will have to take off panel to get in there and see little green plastic broken clip and replace, not a big deal. open door from inside and take it off only way to fix it.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Pull back the inside panel the best you can, find the rod silver speaks of and pull on it, the door will open.
Then you can remove the panel and fix it.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pingserver
Your lock actuators for the two doors most likely failed. Basically the lock actuator motor which moves the lock from locked to unlocked has lost its full range of motion and can no longer move far enough to activate the lock. You'll have to get them both replaced, there is really no other option.

Way off dude, he is talking about the rear cargo door.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Banned

Directly below the lock is a gold colored piece of metal thats horizontal in the end of it there is a small hole for the little rod to poke threw. When squeezing the exterior handle the rod is supposed to pull the gold piece upwards and that is how it releases the clasp, so if you can pull the panel out below the lock just enough to get your hand in there you can feel for gold piece "horizontal" and pull up then push door open. Now the little rod comes down from above the gold piece if you cant pull up on the gold piece try to feel around and slip rod in hole and hold it while having some one else open with exterior handle. Be careful not to pinch your fingers.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by lr2001silver
Way off dude, he is talking about the rear cargo door.
I think he is a spammer, I am watching him to see what his next move is.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Banned

Roger that, the oil in intake reply was a bit off to.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

the child lock has failed on the latch. you have to get a small pick in the door to push it up and get it work again. They suck but it can be done. just move the crap in the back out of the way. Trust me done it enough times with stuff in the back as a tech while the customer waited.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rovin4life
the child lock has failed on the latch. you have to get a small pick in the door to push it up and get it work again. They suck but it can be done. just move the crap in the back out of the way. Trust me done it enough times with stuff in the back as a tech while the customer waited.
and it's Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend. (BTDT)

Old 09-05-2012, 07:04 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my rover from my parents as my first car. When we first got it we had several repairs that would require fixing. Lucky we were part of a Land Rover Club (which I recommend for all Land Rover owners to find) so we got the parts cheaper and installed by members for no charge. So all I can say is just be ready to work on the Disco if you get one but it is worth it.

Quick Reply: Rear Door Stuck - 2000 LR Discovery 2