General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

stuck in superlock

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 06:47 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck in superlock

problem started with my rear passenger door locks not responding to the remote, won't lock/unlock but the actuator was trying, I can hear and feel is pushing the lock up but it won't disengage. Interior switch, same result, doors won't lock/unlock. I can however manually lock by pressing the lock down and unlock by pulling the door handle.

I then pressed the remote lock button twice which engages superlock and the passenger front is now stuck in superlock. Back passenger doors still unresponsive to key remote and interior switch, but can be locked and unlocked manually with the door handle.

Now the part that really puzzles me. The driver door and rear tailgate door work just fine, locks/unlocks, responds to the key remote, interior switch, and door handle.

It's been suggested that the fix is related to the IDM/Fuse Block. Is anyone certain of this? I found a Fuse Block Interior for '03-'04 Discovery on Atlantic British for $399. Is this the correct part, (IDM/Fuse Block)? Where can I find this for less, much less? Also, I want to be absolutely sure this is the problem before swapping out parts.

Last edited by Deaneroo; 07-23-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Just so you know, print in any color then black, and the thread will deleted.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:48 PM
4th Gear
Default Uhhhh - just need to disengage superlock

No reply let. Can anyone just let me know how to disengage the superlock. My passenger front is stuck. If I get that door to disengage, I can live with the door locks in manual while I troubleshoot the actuators.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

There is only one way to unlock the super lock, unlock with a key or remote, that's all, nothing special.
If you have a lock that does not unlock either way or with the dash switch, just get a new lock actuator.

The following users liked this post:
501Cargurl (02-14-2020)
Old 07-22-2009, 05:39 PM
4wd Low

This is not really hard to understand

You know the meaning of that

Look here for more updates

Old 07-23-2009, 06:01 AM
4th Gear
Default also interested in replacement of superlocked door actuator

Hmmm, I also would certainly be interested in how to replace the door actuator on a superlocked driver side door. We have been assuming that we will have to pull the driver side seat in order to pull off the door panel and access the door actuator.

Not really something we want to be tearing apart in the acacia shrub country of northern Kenya. We have been suspecting that the large amounts of dust we accumulate have affected the door actuators. Have been wondering if we were able to get the 01 td5 Discovery "superwashed" whether this would help. But then again, maybe not if the dust is not an issue. Otherwise, we are still crawling over the passenger seat and the console in order to drive.

As always, our thanks in advance to the forum members. We have the site so useful for how Discovery issues.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:41 PM
4th Gear
Default superlock disengage????

don't think it's the actuator because it seems to be trying to push the lock up, but can't. The superlock appears to be holding the lock down. I was told that if the actuator is bad, it would do nothing, no sound, no movement at all. That is not the case, my actuator is trying to push the lock up but can't. The remote is working just fine; it works with the driver door and rear tail gate. I can superlock the vehicle and un-superlock it, but the passenger front door will not disengage.

It seems to me that there must be something with the "signal" that disengages superlock, not transmitted to the passenger front door?

Another thing to consider, my rear passenger doors will not respond to lock/unlock commands. They can however be locked manually by pushing the lock down and unlock by pulling the door handle. These actuators also appear to be responsive. I can feel them push up or down on command from the remote and interior lock switch.

Some have said, replace your actuators. I find it hard to believe 3 actuators would go bad simultaniously. It must be in the wiring. I was told to replace the interior fuse/idm box but then learned that can't be the problem if you are able to unlock the rear tail gate with the remote and interior switch. I was told the IDM/Fuse box sends to 2 lock/unlock signals, 1 for the drivers door, the other for the passenger front/rear/tailgate doors. If the drivers door responds and the tailgate responds, it can't be the IDM/Fuse box???? Can someone confirm this?

If there is a definitive fix that resolves everything, that would be great. If not, I would like to start by just disengaging the superlock on the passenger front. Not worried if the doors need to be locked/unlocked manually. I can work on that in time. Just need to open the passenger front so my family can use this vehicle as it is intended to carry passengers. Do I need to remove the seat, unscrew and pry off the panel to get at the lock mechanism?

puzzled - please help

Old 07-14-2010, 07:20 PM
4wd Low

Did you ever figure out what the problem was here?

Old 10-30-2014, 04:41 PM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mike Buddy I need your help - Someone

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
There is only one way to unlock the super lock, unlock with a key or remote, that's all, nothing special.
If you have a lock that does not unlock either way or with the dash switch, just get a new lock actuator.
Seriously! I put the new actuator in and none of the doors will unlock accept the driver door manually with key. none of the other doors will unlock at all not with the fob, the central locking, or by trying the interior latches - everything locks but nothing unlocks - this is really crazy i have never seen anything like this in my life - I have spent hours - days! reading thru old post - looking thru the rave manuals - I dont car if I have to start cutting wires i want these doors UNLOCKED

Old 10-31-2014, 04:51 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

you would be better off starting a new post than to add onto one that's 5-years old

Quick Reply: stuck in superlock