LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surround Camera Problem - No Image Displayed

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surround Camera Problem - No Image Displayed

I have had my LR4 for just over 2 months. When it first arrived, the front left camera was not displaying an image to the infotainment screen. I worked with the dealership and they ordered a new wiring harness (though due to manufacturing shortage, it took about 3 weeks). After replacing the harness, they discovered the camera was blurry, so ordered a new camera. The problem appeared to be resolved, but after a few days, i received the blue screen of death again.

When looking at several LR4 videos on youtube, I noticed some of the pre-production models looked to have the same issue. Is anyone aware of any news on the software or hardware of the camera system to know if there are unresolved issues awaiting a fix? Has anyone seen or experienced something similar?

Thanks,
BD

Old 04-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Mudding
Default Here's what the problem looks like

Check out this video on youtube to see what the issue looks like. Ironic it is the exact same camera location as mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8vM0...eature=related

I know Land Rover will ultimately resolve this, but if anyone on these forums has seen something similar and know how their dealership fixed it, please let me know.

Thanks,
BD

Old 04-04-2010, 08:05 AM
2nd Gear
Default Same problem

I have the same issue on my '10 Range Rover. The funny thing is that, at night, with low luminosity, the camera works perfectly. In other words, it works only at night.
Any ideas ??

Old 04-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Mudding

I'll check it out at night and see if the camera works. As soon as I hear back on a resolution, I will let you know. In the interim, if you hear or see anything new on this issue, please keep me posted.

Thanks,

Old 04-05-2010, 06:41 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

repgrm the ecus

Old 04-05-2010, 03:49 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by BD_LR4
I have had my LR4 for just over 2 months. When it first arrived, the front left camera was not displaying an image to the infotainment screen. I worked with the dealership and they ordered a new wiring harness (though due to manufacturing shortage, it took about 3 weeks). After replacing the harness, they discovered the camera was blurry, so ordered a new camera. The problem appeared to be resolved, but after a few days, i received the blue screen of death again.

When looking at several LR4 videos on youtube, I noticed some of the pre-production models looked to have the same issue. Is anyone aware of any news on the software or hardware of the camera system to know if there are unresolved issues awaiting a fix? Has anyone seen or experienced something similar?

Thanks,
BD
I have the same problem with the same camera. Sometimes the rear and right mirror camera don't work along with the front left and sometimes they all work. Might be temp or humidity related or maybe software problem. My nav volume is controlled by the system volume too. I'm bringing it in Wednesday and will post a follow up after they examine my LR4

Old 04-06-2010, 05:05 AM
2nd Gear

LR4GUY, please let me know if your LR assistance solved this. The LR in Brazil is very poor on info, and it's better if I can give them a hint on what to do. Tks in advance.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Mudding

I spoke with my Service Manager today here in California. He indicated the issue was escalated to LR Engineering as there appears to be a bigger issue needing resolution. My guess is, no one is hearing much on this as they don't have a fix in place. My dealership told me they would reach out to me as soon as they hear something.

I will advise once I know more.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:14 PM
6th Gear

Well after I had it in for service all the cameras are working now but they have parts on order which are backordered. One camera for the front left and a wiring harness. They found moisture and loose ro broken wires in the harness and found water in the front left camera. The tech twisted the wires tighter or something like that. Works 100% and it's not even fixed yet. I will post update after they replace the parts.

2010 Buck Blue LR4 lux Plus

Last edited by LR4GUY; 04-14-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: more info
Old 04-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Mudding

Thanks for the update. I just called my LR dealership and received the same update - parts are still on backorder. They mentioned they had escalated to their regional head, but was also advising me that many folks are experiencing the same thing. I recall reading some articles about an initial shortage of camera parts for the surround system, so they must be playing catch-up to keep the manufacturing lines open, figuring those that already have a car can wait until production for they camera system catches up.
Hopefully we can get a resolution soon!!!

Quick Reply: Surround Camera Problem - No Image Displayed