General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Turbocharger lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 05:55 PM
Jpg
4wd High
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Turbocharger lawsuit

My turbocharger failed recently, outside of warranty. Repair was quite expensive. Another member of this forum alerted me to a pending class action lawsuit regarding this particular problem that affects several models. I am not a lawyer and am not offering legal advice. Details may be found here:

https://www.seegerweiss.com/automoti...turbo-failure/

first-generation L538 Land Rover Evoque, the Land Rover Discovery Sport, and the Land Rover LR2

The following 2 users liked this post by Jpg:
discovery2022 (03-11-2022), StarkGreen (08-21-2021)
Old 03-11-2022, 02:15 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpg
My turbocharger failed recently, outside of warranty. Repair was quite expensive. Another member of this forum alerted me to a pending class action lawsuit regarding this particular problem that affects several models. I am not a lawyer and am not offering legal advice. Details may be found here:

https://www.seegerweiss.com/automoti...turbo-failure/

first-generation L538 Land Rover Evoque, the Land Rover Discovery Sport, and the Land Rover LR2
Not only did the turbo charger of my Discovery Sport fail when it was right after warranty, 3 years after it was replaced it seems to be failing again. The first time it cost $3,400 to replace it. I just called Land Rover and they won't do anything because their warranty on parts is 1 year. I have just contacted the law firm to see what my options are. Definitely won't be buying Land Rover or Jaguar again. According to the lawsuit it appears Land Rover knew about the faulty design. if you own one of the models with this issue get rid of it asap.

Old 03-13-2022, 01:51 AM
Mudding
Received 310 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by sergioseverin
Not only did the turbo charger of my Discovery Sport fail when it was right after warranty, 3 years after it was replaced it seems to be failing again. The first time it cost $3,400 to replace it. I just called Land Rover and they won't do anything because their warranty on parts is 1 year. I have just contacted the law firm to see what my options are. Definitely won't be buying Land Rover or Jaguar again. According to the lawsuit it appears Land Rover knew about the faulty design. if you own one of the models with this issue get rid of it asap.
What year is your DS? At what mileage and age did the first turbocharger unit fail? What is your oil change interval and who performs the changes?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:22 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Insider
What year is your DS? At what mileage and age did the first turbocharger unit fail? What is your oil change interval and who performs the changes?

Thank you for any information you can provide.
My DS is a 2016 model purchase in Aug 2015. The turbo charger failed in august 2019 with 31606 miles (I believe it was barely out of warranty, like a timer). The oil changes/maintenance were all performed by the dealer at the scheduled intervals,I believe that was 3K miles or 6 months from the previous change, whichever came first.