General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

where is the LR3 park brake

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:39 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is the LR3 park brake

I recently bought a 2009 Land Rover HSE LR3, but without the owners manual. The park brake light is flashing, where is the Park brake? how do I get it to stop flashing? Also Any idea where i can get a used owners manual maybe?

Old 07-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Drifting

Ok... let's narrow this down a bit. I'm new to all Rovers (just bought one a month ago myself, a '99 Discovery)

Parking brakes are usually located in one of three different areas:

1) On the center console. There will be a handle with a little button on the end of it, and it's NOT your gear selector. Sometimes, it doesn't get put all the way down buy whoever drove it last. If this is the case, grab the handle, push the button in with your thumb, and make sure it goes all the way down. The warning light (or display) should go off.

2) By the driver's side kick panel. Here in the USA, it's all the way over to the left side close to the floor. It's a little tiny pedal. Some cars have a release latch that's usually low and to the left of the steering column. Others have a release mechanism built in. What you would need to do is push the pedal down until you hear a *click*, then release the pedal. The warning should go off.

3) (and least likely) Lever action. I've only seen these on less expensive vehicles, mostly Japanese trucks. In the USA, they would be low and to the right of the steering column, with a big T handle. To release these, you grab the T handle, pull and twist to the right (could be left), then push it all the way in. Warning light should go off.

If none of these work, you could have a faulty release switch.

Also, these are the only parking brake mechanisms that I am currently aware of. If there are others, I haven't seen them.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Mudding

If I'm not mistaken, the LR3 has a push button electronic e-brake. I've heard of owners having trouble with the module. Just hope that it's still under warranty, because the module is pricey. Here's some info from another forum.

http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread.php?t=12335

If you haven't been able to solve the issue yet, try giving a dealership a call. Talk to one of the techs in the service department. My personal experiences with most service departments has been very good. They'll have some suggestions for you.

Last edited by JavaRacer; 07-20-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:34 PM
4wd Low

Is it real..............

if yes Thanks for this

Get more details