LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

2008 Land Rover LR2

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:52 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Land Rover LR2

I need some assistance I have purchased two land rover lr2 one is a 2009 parts only the other is a 2008 light damage I have decided to take the navigation along with all the components and wiring from the 2009 and install in the 2008 that was not factory in stalled in this unit, with that said and already finished naturally the radio nor the navigation works both the nav and the radio will power on for a few seconds then power off , I can however replace the BCM from the donor and the nav and radio work great but the ignition and key fob have to be changed as well as the steering wheel but the unit will not start the last item which I suspect is the cause on non start is the ECM, Just wondering why The Dealer Cannot program my BCM to Enable for Navigation any Ideas I had this unit at the dealer for 2 months. It would not start after a minor rear bumper cover collision no air bags were deployed just body work, They told me they had to download all my memory from the Computer components send to uk and they would decipher the problem in the software and send back the fix. Is this likely Or BS and if so why are the US land rover dealer not given the proper tools to diagnose these vehicles apparently I was not the only long term customer the dayof pickup, another customer was complaining of the long wait for repair. I’m not bashing I realize I have modified my unit but this was after the software not starting after the minor rear collision issue another strange thought why can’t Ford scan land rover or at least the lr2 the total vehicle is non more that ford parts right down to the bcm and ecm.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:33 PM
4th Gear

Mine was having minor electrical problems like the seats wouldn't work randomly and stuff like that, I took it in, they took an hour to diagnose it, then ordered the part under warrenty. A week later I came back in, they installed it, then I was on my way and haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood).

Old 12-27-2010, 08:34 PM
2nd Gear

Thank God I have finally found the problem Took a total of 5 min to fix and I have had a two different rollover dealers one had for 2 months the other for a day total cost of 1700.00 been driving without radio and NAV just because to covered up to fix. I am going to be right up front and honest to my opinion as a dealer for the past 10 years these have to be the absolute worst vehicles I have owned I have just purchased a new Cadillac escalade ESV so hopefully I will be able to pawn this crap off on someone else. The think that irritates me the most about this issue is that the manufacture tech could have given the fix to the last dealer I went to but after 2 weeks of waiting my service rep. became a little disgusted to and was choice worded with them so they decided screw it we are not giving any info on the fix. I have since worked on two different rollovers range series with suspension air bag problems and dash clusters lighting up like Christmas trees with all the displayed warning lights. Its almost impossible to touch these crap piles without some kind of light flashing much less drive ?? maybe that's why at both dealers service garage were completely full of ill rolovers well any way this is my last post for any land rollovers I would be the first to vote to have these kindergarten crafted units sent back to the country they came from but until then when I pass the units in my GM and be so happy I can finally put away the night sunglasses filtering the warning lighted dash.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:34 PM
4wd Low

Wanna sell the rear diff out of the 2009 parts only Rover? If so how much?