LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

2013 Freelander 2 parking alert

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2023 | 12:52 AM
|
4wd Low
Default 2013 Freelander 2 parking alert

Hi all.

Just got my 1st freelander, but I get an error when I start it up and switch to reverse.

"Parking aid alert
Cameras unavailable.
Please contact your dealer"

The PDC also flashes.

The thing is, it doesn't have a camera and ​​​​it doesn't seems like it had one...

Also, the radio switches off and on after about 20 seconds when it was in reverse.

Any ideas?

Old 08-14-2023 | 01:29 AM
guy
Winching

Need the codes.
But, our LR2 goes into reverse, the audio from the radio is diminished so that we hear the backup sensor. Seems you don't have that either.

Old 08-14-2023 | 11:44 AM
|
4wd Low

Originally Posted by guy
Need the codes.
But, our LR2 goes into reverse, the audio from the radio is diminished so that we hear the backup sensor. Seems you don't have that either.
I have an OBD ELM 327 Bluetooth reader, but it doesn't produce any codes..
There aren't any sounds as well...

Old 08-14-2023 | 06:53 PM
Three Wheeling

The codes would be LR specific and wont show on a base OBD reader, Sounds like it is using the wrong CCF file. Possibly from someone replacing a used module and not reprogramming to your vehicle.

Old 08-14-2023 | 06:55 PM
Pro Wrench

You need a code reader that understands Land Rover modules. How can you tell it never had a camera? From the sound of it looks like it did and was removed.

The following users liked this post:
guy (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023 | 11:40 PM
|
4wd Low

I don't have a proper code reader and don't know anyone who does... And those are quite expensive, otherwise I would had one and be able to see what the problem was...

I have looked at all the points where a camera would have been mounted and I couldn't see any indications of something that was there, other than the present components.

I also found out that there was some repairs done to the front bumper. So maybe they cut a wire? Or didn't connect the sensors...

Is there a way to check it without removing the bumpers? Access through the wheel arch I guess?

Old 08-15-2023 | 05:37 PM
Pro Wrench

If $49.95 is too expensive then I suggest you sell the car and buy something less complicated.

Amazon Amazon

Old 08-15-2023 | 11:59 PM
|
4wd Low

Originally Posted by flybd5
If $49.95 is too expensive then I suggest you sell the car and buy something less complicated.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
​​​ Wow. 😐 ok... Noted, thanks...

What I've read was, that for pinpoint detection of faulty parking sensors, I would need to buy the more expensive readers, $500 and up. These light ones only detects dashboard errors, that actually shows an error message. Mine isn't a permanent fault code code been displayed...

If you think this one will pick it up and point to the faulty one, I will definitely buy it...

I was thinking maybe someone had enough experience in this to guide me in the right direction. Maybe it happened to someone else and they knew the problems solution...

Forums are here for these type of things, but probably other things as well...

Thanks anyway. I appreciate your time.

Old 08-16-2023 | 06:16 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by Johandt82
​​​ Wow. 😐 ok... Noted, thanks...

What I've read was, that for pinpoint detection of faulty parking sensors, I would need to buy the more expensive readers, $500 and up. These light ones only detects dashboard errors, that actually shows an error message. Mine isn't a permanent fault code code been displayed...

If you think this one will pick it up and point to the faulty one, I will definitely buy it...

I was thinking maybe someone had enough experience in this to guide me in the right direction. Maybe it happened to someone else and they knew the problems solution...

Forums are here for these type of things, but probably other things as well...

Thanks anyway. I appreciate your time.
I don't think you will get the specific codes to address your issue from the linked reader but will need JLR SDD. Sounds to me like the camera was removed or the software was activated for a non existent camera? Guy's description of what should occur is spot on. LR proprietary software will likely be needed to pinpoint the issue but I'd start with checking over the wiring, There is a site where you can input your LR VIN and it will tell you everything that your car was built with but I can't remember it for beans...

Try www.freel2.com and do a search for the specific issue you are having if you have already done a hard reset of all electronics with the much described battery disconnect by merlin79.

The following users liked this post:
guy (08-28-2023)
Old 08-26-2023 | 11:46 AM
|
4wd Low
Default Update

I figured out how to get into the secret menu.

By holding in the valet button, for about 20-30 sec, you can access the settings that show you what is turned off and on.

Mine shows all the PDC cameras are off, but the sensors are switched on. Please see the photos attached...

The following 2 users liked this post by Johandt82:
guy (08-28-2023), Rx-rx (09-18-2023)

Quick Reply: 2013 Freelander 2 parking alert