LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

bluetooth & blackberry problem...please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 12:20 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth & blackberry problem...please help

i have recently bought an unlocked blackberry bold phone which i activated on at&t with no problems.

i paired the phone with my LR2 with no problems; i can make and receive calls.

the problem i'm having is that when i copy the phonebook from my blackberry to the LR2, it only copies my contacts' phone numbers, not their names. so when i scroll through the phonebook on the LR2, all it shows are phone numbers in numerical order. so i cannot make a call because i don't know who i'm calling and i don't know who's calling me.

i've been through numerous blackberry forums and have tried all different setting changes on the blackberry phone with no luck. my previous phone was running windows mobile 6 and i had no problem with the phonebook.

this is my first blackberry phone, so i don't now if it's an issue with blackberry or landrover.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bluetooth & blackberry problem...please help

If the Blackberry was brand new you would not have this issue.

The issue is that you bought a "unlocked" blackberry.

The only thing I can suggest is you do the following.

Down load a user guide for the Bold.

Read about how to wipe the memory.

Wipe the memory.

Down load the desk top software from Blackberry.com

Download serive pack 4.6 and hope it works.

Good luck. If you're still haveing issues drop me a note and I'll see what I can do.

I bought my Bold brand new and I haven't had any issues with wif-fi, bluetooth or my 3g network.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:29 AM
3rd Gear

i don't know if being unlocked has anything to do with it. i've already wiped the memory and upgraded the operating system to the newest version. still no luck.

i actually called landrover tech support and they told me that certain blackberry phones are not compatible with the bluetooth in the lr2 "yet". supposedly because the bluetooth in the lr2 doesn't support "object push profiles" which the blackberry has.

can i ask where you got your new bold from? it's only been released officially in canada, if you're in north america. it's pending official release in the united states on 11/4/08 on at&t. i'm hoping when that happens, i can download an official operating system from at&t that would fix this problem, since that is my phone service carrier.

however, thank you very much for your reply, and if there's anything else that you can find out to help me, that would be appreciated.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:11 PM
5th Gear

Go to www.landroverusa.com

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Ow.../Bluetooth.htm

start here...sometimes you will need to contact the technical support of your phone provider and then ask for "advanced help" and or you will also have to contact Black berry www.blackberry.com/go/bluetoothpairing for manufacturer solutions too.

The iphone works!

I know that Cingular/Verizon, and T-mobile have blackberry versions that worked as of June 2008 not At&T

good luck

Sean in Seattle LR

Old 10-25-2008, 08:28 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: shk109

Go to www.landroverusa.com

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Ow.../Bluetooth.htm

start here...sometimes you will need to contact the technical support of your phone provider and then ask for "advanced help" and or you will also have to contact Black berry www.blackberry.com/go/bluetoothpairing for manufacturer solutions too.

The iphone works!

I know that Cingular/Verizon, and T-mobile have blackberry versions that worked as of June 2008 not At&T

good luck

Sean in Seattle LR

thank you so much for your response. i checked the website and it clearly says that the latest tested software version of the blackberry bold 9000 has partial phonebook functionality with my 2008 lr2 (wish i would've known that before i bought my phone).

my question now is in order for the phonebook to have full functionality, will it depend on a software update from blackberry or from landrover?

thanks again.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Drifting

I've got a Curve mated with mine, but in order to get the address book to come up correctly, I had to first set the Blackberry's default for "last name" not business name or first name. The default on my Curve was apparently "business" name and the first time it synchronized the address book, it was a total mess - all I saw were phone numbers, and in some cases, just a blank space. I think, but I'm not positive, that the Blackberry's internal settings will override the Bluetooth settings on the LR2.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

So I had my blackberry (pearl) purchased in Dec 2008 linked and working perfectly with my 2008 LR2's bluetooth. I updated the software on the blackberry on the weekend and ran into the same problem....bluetooth on truck now only displays numbers and will not show names - so it appears to be a blackberry issue....I have talked to sprint but all they offer to do is wipe my phone and reset it....(not sure I want that at this point)

any solution to your phone book problem?

Old 02-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

the update will be from landrover, and we're due for one pretty soon, bluetooth updates come out about every 8 months or so. and its solely because phones and phone software come out much quicker then cars. cars will always be a step behind as far as that goes.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Drifting

I had to get a replacement Curve (mechanical malfunction with the phone) and the second one mates without a problem. In fact, it was nearly a hands-off mating. Everything, including the address book, mated effortlessly. I suspect it may be a combination of the LR2's bluetooth needing updated AND Blackberry is constantly updating/changing the Blackberrys as they are manufactured. My new Curve has updated software from my old one, which was only two months old when it failed.

Call Blackberry support direct, do not go through your phone service. Blackberry has special customer service reps who know far more about the phone than the folks at the phone stores (sorry to all those folks working for cellular companies).

Old 03-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Drifting

My new 8900 BB Javeline Curve does the same thing. It lists the numbers but no name. What is the number to BB support?

Quick Reply: bluetooth & blackberry problem...please help