LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Electrical Accessories Reset

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Accessories Reset

Hey all,

Occassionally, with the engine running and the car in gear and driving along, it would seem that all of the accessories - most noticiably the radio and nav system - will power cycle - the displays go blank momentarily and then reappear with their power up parameters coming back on the displays.
The operation of the vehicle is in no way impaired and the trip computer is not affected. This has only happed a few times and always within a few minutes of a cold start (ie the vehicle has been sitting overnight).

Not a big deal but I'm worried this is indicative of a failing system and thus worse problems to come. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so, what the fix was so as to be better informed when discussing it with the dealership.

Thanks,
\|/ Jeff \|/

Old 04-02-2008, 07:06 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electrical Accessories Reset

I had this same problem, but one key difference. The vehicle was HOT, we had been driving in it all day, actually heading home at the time. Not overheating hot, but no way was it cold. It's an early 2008 build LR2 SE with Cold Climate/Lighting/NAV. I've only had the vehicle about a month and it only has happened once.

The dealer has it and they claim there is a software update to address this, which is being loaded.