LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Help wont start/or crank

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019 | 03:21 PM
|
1st Gear
Default Help wont start/or crank

Hello, I was driving my 2008 LR2 back in February when my alternator went. I got a replacement alternator but the only one I could find was one that was 180 v where the one that it had was a 150 v the difference being for the heated windshield which I don't have but figured the difference wouldn't matter since it was generating more than was needed. It drove fine until may when I was coming up a hill and it began to lose power as I reached the top it completely died. I went and had it towed home where I tried figuring out why it won't start. I replaced the battery when and tried playing around with the wires connecting to the starter and to the ignition push button. I tried my ODB II meter and it gave a code U2023, which I cleared. It is also giving on the system check and it says HDC Fault Unavailable. I tried jumping the starter it still would not start even with that. A few more tries and it started. I was able to start it and stop it and tried driving the car. It seemed to be in a low gear and not shift or very low power. I manually shifted it and it seamed to work when I again tried to put it into drive and it worked. I figured it was fine and what ever bugs were there were fixed. I was then driving it a few days ago when I lost all power again going up a hill. I tried to manually shift again and it seamed to not work. I turned off the car because it seamed to start running hot and now it will not start. I tried everything as I did the first time but nothing has helped. I replaced the starter and the battery but it will not crank. Other symptoms are the negative terminal on the battery when trying to start gets very hot very quickly. When the battery is hooked up the lift gate keeps opening on its own and keeps activating. The system check gives me the HDC Fault unavailable, and Engine System Fault. I don't know where to go next .

Old 07-23-2019 | 07:31 PM
Winching

Layman here, but the negative terminal getting really hot would usually indicate a serious grounding issue. Seems like you developed an electrical short somewhere. I'd recommend a professional.