LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

I Love my 2008 LR-2 - But, have Bluetooth Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Love my 2008 LR-2 - But, have Bluetooth Problem

Good news!
I went to the LR dealer and test drove a LR2 a couple of weeks ago. Made a point of pre-installing the new RIM Pairing Helper software first and tried my BBerry Pearl on the demonstrator. Worked. Salesman said it was the first Blackberry he'd seen connect. Did a call out and then received one. Perfect.
Two weeks later I bought a LR2, setup Bluetooth, and had problems. Intermittent disconnects. Then when I'd turn off the car, come back and restart, it wouldn't recognize my phone. Setup again, and would work until the next time I turned the ignition off. I wasn't happy and resigned myself to the fact that I'd have to buy a Btooth headset.
As a last resort, I cleared all the phones out of the Bluetooth config on the LR2, and on the Pearl, re-powered and re-paired. It paired, but I wasn't convinced it would stick. Then it wanted to download my contacts. OK. Did it really fast, but amazingly, they were all on the LR2's screen. Geez. Last few days it's been working- finds my BBerry automatically. I was still guarded about the success. But now I'm getting a little more confidence it's going to work reliably.
Driving home from work tonight, I thought I'd try the voice tags. WOW. It works. Tried several times. Works great! I just hold the dial button on the steering wheel for 2 seconds and the phone intercepts and asks me who I want to call. I'm quite amazed considering that the Blackberrys are not considered compatible by LR.
I'm still a little guarded, but think this is looking very positive.

I've check the VIN on my LR2 and it's one of the earlier ones before they did the iPhone update. I've got a T-Mobile Blackberry Pearl with v.4.2.1.107 and the RIM Bluetooth Pairing Helper application.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Overlanding

After reading rogue's post, and a bit of dumb luck on my part, I now have full access to my phones voice recognition features. Turns out the krzr won't initiate the voice rec features while the phone is closed (clamshell style). By leaving it open on the passenger seat while fooling around with the voice tag button on the steering wheel, I now have a fully compatible and stable bluetooth setup.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:36 AM
6th Gear

After installing RIM's pairing helper I was able to pair my Blackberry 8310. So far its working great!

Now I need to figure out how to pair the wife's Samsung phone. That one seems to be causing a problem.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:06 AM
4wd Low

Please reply if you figure out the samsung phone. I can't pair my samsung U740 to my LR2. I've tried everything.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:28 AM
4wd Low

Just got word from my dealer that the lack of compatibility of phones with the PTI system has been addressed. All the salesmen just got out of a meeting with a new "trick" to get phones to pair that aren't pairing with standard instructions. I'll post it when I get the trick from him.

he also said that a new software update will be ready in 3 weeks that shold take care of the problem for all newer bluetooth phones. A letter will go in the mail to all owners ina week or so.

Hopefully this will fix the problem. A brand new luxury vehicle shouldn't have a problem pairing with top of the line phones.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:42 AM
4wd Low

FWIW, got a new phone for my wife: Motorola W385. Bluetooth is fully functioning (phone book, recent calls, etc...)

Old 01-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Overlanding

Not surprised it works...it looks to be almost identical in layout to the Krzr. Just a few cosmetic changes by the look of it. Hopefully the pairing fix will allow me to get the phone I was hoping to get, the V9m. I couldn't get it to pair with the HU no matter what I tried.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:54 PM
mks
2nd Gear

Just bought an LR@ a couple of weeks ago and have most Bluetooth functions with an LG phone. Only thing that doesn't seem to work is the caller ID on an incoming call. It displays "unknown number" even though the number is in the phone book in the car. Anyone have any thoughts. Thanks

Old 02-04-2008, 05:36 PM
3rd Gear

I got a 2008 LR2 HSE- VIN 600xxx (last 6 digits). IT paire w My wife's unlocked tMobile iphone very easily, but wont with my Tmobile Dash. It recognizes it and even gives me a pairing code, but once I enter it in the phone it wont work. Would appreciate tips on fixing it.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:10 PM
5th Gear

HTC cell owners, I was able to pair my smartphone (WM6) with the LR2. The first time I tried, I got al the way though the 4 number pin exchange, then the LR2 BT came up with an error taht it could not find the BT on my cell. I gave up. Last night I deleted that entry in the LR2 and tried again. I got the same results, but for whatever reason, finished the config on the phone (had to identify what service to use when paired).Once I completed the phone, I noticed the BT Icon on the phone and look at theLR2 display and it show me connected and it was syncing my phonebook! After the sync was completed I made a call from the phonebook and it worked great. No issues now for two days working just fine. Most of the smartphones are HTC phones rebranded. Give it a try....

Quick Reply: I Love my 2008 LR-2 - But, have Bluetooth Problem