LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

LR2 coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roverguy7
Ok, your dealership is in the wrong then.

It was not a recall, however it was a service action. Service actions show up on the DDW, and are supposed to be taken care of when the vehicle is in for service, not like a TSB where it is more of a reminder to the tech of what could be causing an issue. This one particularly has 4 options to it when preformed, the first two being to check to see if it is the new style hose, and go no further if it is. This basically means that it is not a 'fix if there is a problem' but fix it if it has not already been fixed.

Call your dealership, and ask them if the Q081 is open in your DDW, all they will need is the last 8 of your VIN, and you can call any LR dealership.

If it is, I would be speaking to the manager at the dealership that you were using, as it should have been done(unless you declined it being done due to time, ie wanted your vehicle back asap and didn't want the extra 15 minute repair handled)

Unlike a recall, a service action does expire, and does not go beyond the warranty period, so from LR there is nothing, however it does seem that your dealership did not properly handle the situation, which LR did handle correctly by pretty much saying if you ever took an LR2 to the dealership while under warranty, your hose should have been checked to be correct, and replaced if it wasn't, despite it leaking or not.
Thanks- ill do that and instead of calling my usual dealership, I'll call another one in the state. I think the most upsetting thing about this is that out of all the times I had the car in there over the past 5 years they didn't notify me or replace this $5 part to keep from damaging a $500 alternator. I'm not sure what could be done now since my lr2 is out of warranty and I've bought and replaced the part. The alternator isn't dead yet, but it seems its lifespan has been shortened. Thanks for your knowledge and time for responding...
So, umm how difficult is it to replace a fuel sending unit on an lr2?

Old 01-13-2014, 05:29 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by aaron svendsen
So, umm how difficult is it to replace a fuel sending unit on an lr2?
Not the most fun, fuel tank needs to come down.

Resistance on the senders can be checked via the access panel under the RR seat, which is easy to access, and there have been issues with the connector to the pump/senders being loose or under strain causing erratic readings.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L359 Fuel Tank Pins.pdf (24.2 KB, 401 views)
Old 01-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by roverguy7
Not the most fun, fuel tank needs to come down.

Resistance on the senders can be checked via the access panel under the RR seat, which is easy to access, and there have been issues with the connector to the pump/senders being loose or under strain causing erratic readings.
Thanks. Ill certainly check the resistance and see if it's within range.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Overlanding

I spoke to my local Land Rover dealer today. He said a service action such as Q081 wouldn't show up in their DDW because that only lists recalls. After a bunch of back and forth, he said they would pay 50% of the repair which is replacing the alternator. Should I believe them that this was not something that they missed?

Old 01-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Pro Wrench

If they're paying for half, and you're out of warranty already, I wouldn't push it too much.

That said, it absolutely would show on DDW, first page, under either open or claimed service actions.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Overlanding

Dave-
Thanks for all your help and knowledge on this. I called Land Rover USA and gave them my VIN and they told me that there were no open service actions or recalls on my car. When I told them what you said about it dropping off when the warranty expires and giving them the # Q0-81, they confirmed that this should have been fixed while in for warranty and was somehow missed. They have opened an investigation case into this for which I asked them to pay for 100% of the repair since their neglect to check for this and fix it resulted in my alternator being damaged. We will see how it turns out. Thanks again.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Pro Wrench

If you don't mind the slight intrusion into your past warranty repairs, PM me the last 8 digits of your VIN.