LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

lr2 fuse box connection

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 12:53 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lr2 fuse box connection

I would like to hard wair connect my radar detector and gps to the passengeer side fuse box in my 2008 lr2. I would like the connection to be controled by the ignition switch. Does anyone know where to make the connection?
Thx

Old 09-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Drifting

Get a cigarette lighter extension or one that splits into 2 adaptors. You need to preserve the cigarette adaptor end on your accessories as they convert the 12V down to 5V or so. Cut off the end of that extension and hook it up to one of these:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAQ#ps-sellers

Make sure you get the smaller one as the fuses are the small versions. Land Rover uses a 15A fuse for the cigarette lighter, you would probably be fine with a 10 as each accessory probably only draws and amp or two. There are a couple extra slots in the fuse box, just make sure you find one that turns off with the key (use a multimeter to find them). Ground the cable with the bolt next to the box.

Kevin

Old 10-01-2010, 12:12 PM
5th Gear
Default Hard wire to fuse box

Thx Kevin, I followed your advise and am now in business. I could not find a switched connection to tap into in the passenger side fuse box. So I tapped into the fuse for the cigarette lighter under the hood. I ran the wire to the small cover (to check transmission fluid I think?). In that area in the firewall was a small rubber plug. I ran the wire through that hole and to the inside passenger side just behind the fuse box. The rest of the connections were done per you instructions. Thx Again.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by zoomzoom
Thx Kevin, I followed your advise and am now in business. I could not find a switched connection to tap into in the passenger side fuse box. So I tapped into the fuse for the cigarette lighter under the hood. I ran the wire to the small cover (to check transmission fluid I think?). In that area in the firewall was a small rubber plug. I ran the wire through that hole and to the inside passenger side just behind the fuse box. The rest of the connections were done per you instructions. Thx Again.
No problem. I'm using the fuse F5 to power my GPS and it turns it on and off. hardest part was finding a good ground connection.