LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Lr2 Reliability

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 02:14 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lr2 Reliability

Hi,

I am in the market for an 08 LR2. My main concern is reliability. I have been lurking on the forum for quite some trying toget somemore information.
My wife and I have never owned a land rover and so we are really hesistant based on the brand's previous reputation for "quirks." Havingsaid that, we both love the vehicle andfind itvery enjoyable during the testdrive.

My question isto those of you thave have owned the vehicle for a while now. How are you guys enjoying it? Are you happy with your decision? Have any strange quirks been fixed by the dealer, etc.??

Thanks,

Steve

Old 11-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Lr2 Reliability

I have had less problems with LR2 in 6 months of driving then I had had with my wife's Volvo XC90.

There are some minor isuues-minor rattles in the doors, sometimes no sound from the stereo-fixed by software download, but happen again later (waiting for permanent fix), nothing else (yet).

LR2 has Volvo 3.2L motor, and japanise-made transmission -no problemsso far, very comortable seats, simple controls, butvery littlestorage space in the cabin.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Drifting

All Land Rover's are quirky, and I don't think the LR2 is any different. I've got an amazing dealer, with amazing service personnel - The Automaster. They treated my Freelander like gold, and are treating our Range Rover and LR2 the same. I've never had a problem with Land Rover fixing anything that occurs under warranty. The dealer even went to bat for me when ice got up under my fender on the Freelander and snapped a bolt.

As far as problems with the LR2, there haven't been that many, IMO, considering this is the very first model year for it. Its a great car. We're having a blizzard today and I'm at work, that should tell you something! :-)

Old 12-15-2007, 03:33 PM
5th Gear

We've had an LR2 since April (oneof the first delivered in the area!) and it has been remarkably reliable. One minor issue that the dealer promptly took care of. For a first year model, I wouldn't have expected this level of reliability from even Lexus.

Been exceptionally pleased with the vehicle - the premium sound system is outstanding!!

Old 01-15-2008, 06:41 PM
8th Gear

Not sure if this post will help or not!

I LOVED my LR2 when I bought it in May of 2007. I had a starting issue (push start would turn over but not fully start) from about 2,500 miles on. I had my LR2 in the shop 3 times for the starting issue, and once for it over heating, and I even got stranded as my car would not start for over 30 minutes. Per the service department, they were unable to find anything wrong or duplicate the non-starting issue, and the online computer did not report any of the false starts. So after my car was in for over 90 days for service since MAY of 2007 and it would not start, I lemon lawed it. I just settled my case. I really loved this car. It was a long of "bang" for the buck, good ride, and was a good fit for me - but I couldn't risk being stranded again, and with the dealership not finding the issue with the the vehicle not starting, I felt I had no choice. I only had 6,100 miles on the car.