LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

LR2 Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 08:57 AM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EliFolsom
Hello
I just got my 2013 LR2 and would like to get my kayak on top. The factory roof rail is nice but it does cost a fortune (just for the rail, not to mention the cross bar).
Do you think the factory roof rail really make a big difference?
When I purchased my LR2 at the dealer today, they had a crossbar in the showroom. The crossbar really resemble the Thule AeroBlade Edge to me.
Thule recommend
480R Rapid Traverse Foot Pack

ARB53 AeroBlade Load Bar Pair and

KIT1443 For 480 and 480R Foot Packs only

Is there other option there?
I'm concern that the coated foot packs could mark the car.
Thank you very much.
You can go with third party racks no problem. I purchased the roof rails and cross bars because I didn't like how the Thule/Yakima bars attached to the car and I wanted to be sure I could use the sun-roof. I found the cheapest price on ebay from a dealership in Ft. Meyer's Florida (FM Imports / Land Rover). They had the best prices on the OEM parts.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:35 AM
3rd Gear

I bought the stock Land Rover roof rack with cross bars and I've been very happy with it. I have a 2013 LR2 HSE and the rack looks and performs great!

Old 08-17-2013, 03:09 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by MRLR2

You can go with third party racks no problem. I purchased the roof rails and cross bars because I didn't like how the Thule/Yakima bars attached to the car and I wanted to be sure I could use the sun-roof. I found the cheapest price on ebay from a dealership in Ft. Meyer's Florida (FM Imports / Land Rover). They had the best prices on the OEM parts.
I just got an aftermarket roof rack off EBay from a company in LA for $200! It looks and fits great (installed myself with lots of help from this forum). The only downside has been the plastic corner trim pieces don't attach securely (lost one already).

Anybody know where to get replacement ones? Dealer wants $165 for the hardware kit that includes these trim pieces,

Thx