LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Navigation system defaults?

Old 06-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Navigation system defaults?

I have had an LR2 for almost a year now, and one thing that bugs me is the navigation.

1) Every time I use the Nav, I have to agree to the "terms of use". Is there anyway to permanently agree with that so I don't have to press the "agree" button before every use?

2) The nav defaults to California as it's home location. So every time I want to put something into my Nav, I have to remind the darn thing that I live in Montana, not California. Is there anyway to permanently change this as well?

3) Less important, but would be nice. Can I make it default to the clock when I turn the car on, instead of the Land Rover "Settings and Navigation" home screen?

Any advice would be great!

Old 09-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you ever get anything out of this? They are very good questions...

Old 09-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No, I have not received any advice, and have not figured it out. I'm assuming you are having the same issues? Let me know, then at least I will know mine isn't broken.

But if anyone else knows how to set defaults permanently, that would be helpful.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reading over the owner guides there are a couple things that stand out that you can check:

1) Select Calibration from the Navigation Setup menu.

Position/Direction
If the vehicle has been moved, for example, by ferry, rail or trailer, the vehicle position/direction may need to be calibrated.

Select Position/Direction. A map showing the current vehicle position is displayed.

Touch the appropriate arrow icons to scroll the map until the vehicle position is in the correct location, then select OK to confirm. Note: During map scrolling, the vehicle position icon will remain centrally located on the screen, while the map scrolls to the new position.

The map showing the heading adjustment arrows is displayed. Adjust the heading by touching the arrows until the navigation symbol shows the correct alignment. Select OK to confirm the new heading

2) SEARCH AREA
To reduce the time taken to calculate a route, map databases are divided into states called search areas. It may be necessary to change the search area that the navigation system is referencing (e.g. if you are traveling to another state).
Select Destination Entry then Search Area. The currently selected search area is shown highlighted on the map. Select the search area relevant to your journey, from the list of available areas.

3) If that doesn't work you might try restoring system defaults, then doing the position calibration. Both are under Menu, Nav Setup

Last edited by DeathWind; 09-14-2013 at 09:52 AM.