LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Need new tires for LR2

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:39 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new tires for LR2

Any suggestions? Got only 30,000 out of Continental originals.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:29 PM
3rd Gear

Same here - I got a little more - 32k miles. And I am looking for tires now. What did you end up with. Andrew in Los Angeles

Old 10-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by MM104
Any suggestions? Got only 30,000 out of Continental originals.
try michelins latitude-at least they are more comfortable to ride, don't know about mileage - I got about 18K on them and the tread is still good.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:41 AM
1st Gear

I have a 2008 LR2 with the 19" wheels. I just replaced the Continental's with Toyo Versado CUV's. I got them online and had them installed locally for $20.00/tire. Ended up saving me about $300.00 in total versus buying them locally. Here is the link to where I bought them: http://www.treadepot.com/tire/120180.html

I have had the tires on for a couple months now. So far, the tires have been great. They are a little quieter and I have been getting about 1-2 miles more miles per gallon on them as well. Don't know about winter weather yet (live in Ohio).

Old 11-13-2010, 10:51 PM
3rd Gear

Just picked up a 2008 LR2 3 weeks ago and will need tires myself in a bit depending on how well my stock'a do in winter... have 68K with still some tread left. Was at a local dealer today inquiring about replacements and the Michelins Latitudes was one they recommended. Said it was a good all season tire and suggested they would be more comfortable than the stock conti's. Off roading is not in my plans (with the exception of the Canadian winter) as we do mostly city driving. The load rating is lower than the original stock however new LR2's are shipping with a lower rated tire and the 2011 have the same curb weight as the '08's so I'm told it would be fine. I'll likly be picking up the Michelins when the time comes.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:04 AM
2nd Gear
Default Re: Need new tires for LR2

I'm on my 3rd set of tires on my LR2. The Continentals were disappointing so I went with Pirelli Scorpions for the second round. Great tires but so soft that they only lasted about 20k. This time around I researched a lot for tread life, satisfaction and value (Pirellis weren't in the value category). I now have Kumho Ecsta STX on the car and they are doing well on the street as well as rain and mud. I've only got 5k miles on them so I can't really say on the treadwear...yet. The tires also cost 50% of the cost of the Pirellis.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:34 PM
3rd Gear

Have you driven on the michelins latitudes in snow?... not sure where you live. Where we live in southern Ontario, it's about 3 months of winter and typically not too heavy of a snow season. Just debating if I just move to all seasons again or if I need winters. Rather go to just an all season if I can find a decent tire in snow.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by bhumby
Have you driven on the michelins latitudes in snow?... not sure where you live. Where we live in southern Ontario, it's about 3 months of winter and typically not too heavy of a snow season. Just debating if I just move to all seasons again or if I need winters. Rather go to just an all season if I can find a decent tire in snow.
I drove last winter here in New York, we had a couple of snow storms, but I took it very easy and did not have a problem. The LR2 does go over at least one foot of snow on these tires w/o any problems -got to put it in "snow" mode though.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:44 PM
7th Gear
Default LR2 Tires

After extensive searching and research I just replaced my Continental OEMs with Michelin Primacy MXV4s - 235-60-R18. The Continentals are OK but have terrible tread life and absolutely no ability on ice or snow. The MXV4s have a lower speed and load rating but for my purposes they fit the bill. I am not driving over 118mph and I am not towing anything. Plus they have excellent reviews and a long warranty.
Check out the survey information here

http://tinyurl.com/48x87aj

I have only driven on them for about 500 miles so far but I am completely impressed. The ride is so much better than the continentals. Why Land Rover puts soft summer street tires on their LR2s is beyond me.
Hope this helps
G

Old 11-03-2011, 08:21 PM
3rd Gear

Hi There,

How are the Michelin Primacy MXV4s holding up? Was considering trying a set on my Lr2. I'm in Ontario Canada and looking for a decent all season tire. Was considering the Michelin Latitude Tour HP however they are on backorder.
B

Quick Reply: Need new tires for LR2