LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Pricing-08 LR2 HSE-buying to get wife away from LR3

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing-08 LR2 HSE-buying to get wife away from LR3

[align=left]Need some help fellow Rovers................[8D]

Can't keep the Wifeinator out of my 2005 LR3 SEV8, so I am trading her 2003 Jeep Grand Crapokee Overland in for a 2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE.
She is totally in love with the LR2 after testing BMW's, Lexus's, used RR MKIII's, Jeeps and countless others......

What price did you pay for yours? Should I look for a used LR2 HSE? Should I go with a loaded up LR2 SE and buy the HSE style wheels?

How much negotiation power do I have? What can I expect? Any secret coupons or rebates?
(Jeep is paid off & worth 10K, and I don't need dealer financing (blank check from Credit )

I can play the waiting game and do some hard core dealer vs dealer bargaining

Please help me get my LR3 back and help me find an LR2 HSE for my wife and make her happy.

Like the old saying goes "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy

[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 01-30-2008, 06:33 AM
4wd Low
Default RE: Pricing-08 LR2 HSE-buying to get wife away from LR3

We just bought an LR2 SE--the wheels and spoiler weren't a big enough deal to us to go for the HSE. We got $5K off the sticker on a fully loaded SE. To us, that was a good deal. The problem is that finding an SE with all the options that you want is getting a bit difficult. After picking out the one we wanted at the dealer, we called about 7 other dealers, just looking to see if they would give us a better deal than we were getting. They either couldn't, or they didn't have the color/options we were looking for.

If you're looking for the Tambora Flame, you've got a pretty good chance of finding one (we heard from a couple of different dealers that they could get us a "really good" deal on the Tambora Flame).

Not that this helps the SE vs. HSE decision at all, just our pricing experience.

Good luck!

Old 01-30-2008, 03:16 PM
4wd Low

Picked up my 08 HSE just after Thanksgiving, with every option offered.

I leased, but put $3500 down and my payments are $520/month. I don't know if that is good or not, but it worked for me and my wife wanted it so....you know how that goes.

I liked the look of the HSE much better than the SE and the "sale" price was around$39,500. Plus with all the options on the SE, we couldn't find the combo we wanted with interior/exterior colors. They had the HSE in the combo and the dealer didn't increase the price so it made our decision easy.

The HSE has a little different stance and doesn't have the "two-tone" body work that the SE has. Plus the larger (cooler IMO) wheels.

Where are you located?

I bought mine from Prestige Land Rover in Paramus NJ

Old 01-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks for the responses!

Might go with the Tambora Flame HSE if the price is right (or if wifey likes it) $5K off for the SE is a good deal too. Don't want to lease because she puts too many miles on vehicles. Im in SW Ohio and discovered today that I have about 5 LR dealers I can haggle down and hopefully make fight each other. Ill keep you posted on what I can find.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

As the dollar drops, the dealer have less to work with.
Don't trade in the J--P, sell it out right and get more out of it. As for the LR2, find the one you want to buy, don't talk to any sales people, wait till the end of the month then go deal directly with the sale manager, this usually works well, especially if they have been havin a slow month and between the economy and taxes coming up, they will not be meeting their sales quotas.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks Mike! Ill give it a shot!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Three Wheeling

Picked one up last weekend from LR Cincinnati - 08 Rimini Red/Alpaca LR2 HSE Cold Pack, Bluetooth, Sirius. No Nav - Absolutely beatiful color combo that turns lots of heads. Only Rimini Red one on the lot. Kudos to LR of Cincinnati for beating the other local dealers deal and not letting us walk. Always buy from the rookie salesman on the last day of the month!!!!

I will definitely be buying a RRS Super or another LR3 from LR Cincy later this year. Hands down the best dealer experience I have ever had.

Wife is finally happy!!
[align=left] [/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8427/36D4DBE49C374BB593C168A2E85003DF.jpg[/IMG]