LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Removing Floor Console in 2015 LR2 - HELLPPP

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 03:41 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Floor Console in 2015 LR2 - HELLPPP

Help! I need to replace the USB/charging piece in the console and I have to take out the console to do it. I can't find a writeup, video, etc on this anywhere and I have looked for hours. I can get the rear and center screws out, but it looks like I need to remove the center dash console to access the front bolts. Complete pain in the a** for no reason...

Anyone know where to find information on how to remove this console?

Old 03-29-2022, 04:28 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

I have no idea if the 2015 is different from the previous model years when it comes to the console but here is a search and a video that corresponds to my console, FL2 is the LR2:
https://www.google.com/search?q=remo...r%20console%3F

A link further down for the 2015?

Old 03-29-2022, 04:30 PM
7th Gear

Yep, I've watched that video and it's a different interior. The link further down is actually my same plea for help in another forum...

Old 03-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 519 Likes on 439 Posts

The newer service manuals are not available for free. You have to purchase a subscription here or hope you find a youtube video.

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/t...cle/lookupForm

Old 03-30-2022, 07:18 AM
7th Gear

I shouldn't need an entire service manual to remove a basic interior component like the floor console. I am not even sure a service manual would have that information. Really, I guess it just speaks to the uncommon nature of these vehicles and it being extremely difficult to find general "How To" videos or documentation. As someone who prefers to work on their own vehicles and is used to the plethora of information available for Jeeps and Toyotas, it's baffling how hard it is to find anything on Rovers.

Last edited by Greengoblin37; 03-30-2022 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-30-2022, 08:44 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Greengoblin37
I shouldn't need an entire service manual to remove a basic interior component like the floor console. I am not even sure a service manual would have that information. Really, I guess it just speaks to the uncommon nature of these vehicles and it being extremely difficult to find general "How To" videos or documentation.
Nothing I can do about that.

Old 03-30-2022, 09:18 AM
guy
Winching
Received 94 Likes on 83 Posts

Its not hard to find. the instructions are at topix.
The issue is, you don't want to pay for it.

Old 03-30-2022, 09:28 AM
7th Gear

Not hard to find? I have been through Topix and there is nothing in the search results that point me in any direction of what I would need, if I was even willing to pay for it. Searching for the console part number yields 0 results. Again, the point is that someone, somewhere in the entire world should have reasonable information on such a simple task. You can find this stuff easily for any other major car brand. This is a help forum right? I am not sure how "just pay for TOPIX or go to the dealership" is worth a response of any kind.

Last edited by Greengoblin37; 03-30-2022 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-30-2022, 09:42 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Greengoblin37
Not hard to find? I have been through Topix and there is nothing in the search results that point me in any direction of what I would need, if I was even willing to pay for it. Searching for the console part number yields 0 results. Again, the point is that someone, somewhere in the entire world should have reasonable information on such a simple task. You can find this stuff easily for any other major car brand. This is a help forum right? I am not sure how "just pay for TOPIX or go to the dealership" is worth a response of any kind.
Has it ever occurred to you that it is possible no one in the forum has ever had to remove the center console in a 2015 LR2? The 2008-2012 manual has an explanation of how to remove the center console because I have done it before. I am sure the service manual for your model year has the same info. Maybe you should just take it to a mechanic who has done it before rather than whine about people trying to help you but just not having previously done what you need.

Old 03-30-2022, 09:49 AM
guy
Winching
Received 94 Likes on 83 Posts

I beg your pardon.

To add, perhaps your search criteria is wrong??
According to this diagram, it seems item 15 is merely held in by side tabs and not screws. Of course, I've never had it apart.
It seems its also available for purchase. At my dealer, if I purchase a simple part to install, they do so without charge.

Last edited by guy; 03-30-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Removing Floor Console in 2015 LR2 - HELLPPP