LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

weak starting problem...please help asap!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:54 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weak starting problem...please help asap!!

hello all 1st timer here. As my family and I get ready for my very 1st road trip from NJ to FL my LR2 is showing symptoms of sickness i am not familiar with and hoping i can find a helping hand here.

I went to start my LR2 [discovery II 2003]the other day and it would just crank/clciking noiseat 1st. I tried starting it again and again, finally aftefr a few atempts it started as if the battery was very low on voltage with Sport Mode & Manual Mode lights flashing. What could be causing this starting problem.I checked the owners manual and it says it could be an elcetrical fault. From doing a little research in the forum it says the Spark Plugs may be the issue I will be changing my spark plugs asap. before i go hand in my wallet to a land rover mechanic can some1 give me some advise in the meantime????
thanks
Mr Worry [&o]

Old 07-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: weak starting problem...please help asap!!

first of all, you dont have a lr2, you have a disco... and as to the slow crank, could be a few things, how new is your batt? could just be bad, you could have a draw, that is killing the battery over night, anything aftermarket installed?its probably a simple problem, take it in somewhere and get it checked out, or just replace the battery if its the original one

Old 08-21-2008, 03:10 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: weak starting problem...please help asap!!

Also, aside from the previous reply, could well be a simple poor cable connection at the battery contacts. Sometimes a good corrosion cleaning with a wire brush and re-connecting, will do the trick. This is surely the cheapest solution! Good luck.........