LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 LR3 Fuel Door Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:01 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 LR3 Fuel Door Actuator

I have a small problem with my fuel door; it will not latch shut. I have replaced the most common part, the small square located on the door itself but that was not the problem. It seems to be the actuator itself. I have a new one but I'm not sure how to install it; neither does my dealership it seems. I've seen the exploded view for the "cable release" model but I hope that I don't have to remove the housing around the gas cap to replace this part. If anyone can explain how to replace this part I'd be grateful.

Attached Thumbnails 05 LR3 Fuel Door Actuator-lr3-fuel-door-actuator-issue.jpg  

Last edited by roverroveroverthere; 02-05-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:03 PM
2nd Gear

I can't help you with your problem im sorry, i'm just a girl that has a LR3, '05 and I need that little part that hold the fuel door shut. Where do I get one and what do I call it.
I don't have a LR dearler here in my town, but I do have a LR certified service place. Thought I might could do it myself. I'm considering velcro if I can't find out where to get the part.
Thanks for the help!

Old 02-13-2010, 05:37 PM
2nd Gear
Default Reply to Delilah

The most common part that breaks (according to my dealership) is part # ARV780020 and is called the "bezel" on the invoice. The great news is that this was very easy to change (just didn't fix my issue). This is the square piece located on the fuel door and has a rubber gasket that goes around it. To replace, remove the rubber gasket (pulls off) and then pinch the plastic square to remove it from the door. Push the new one in place (you'll hear it click in place) and put the rubber back on. Super simple and it only took a minute to do. I hope that this does fix your problem, if it doesn't write me back and maybe it will be the "other piece" that I'm still dealing with trying to replace.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Overlanding

i have the same problem with my fuel door not latching shut, but its with my 03 disco.
help?

Old 05-21-2010, 06:16 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

plastic clip, is broken or the door is pushed in.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:46 PM
3rd Gear

ROVIN4LIFE, A little more detail about fixing the gas cap door latch would help!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:48 PM
3rd Gear

roverroveroverthere, did you ever get the gas cap door fixed? If so how? Lots of us with the same issue.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

Guess I'll use my first post here to bump this, as I too am having the same problem. A piece of plastic (same as in photo shown by OP) has broken and mine won't close. Haven't been able to find magnets thin enough to correct without finding this LR part. The nearest LR is 1.5 hours from me, and I'd rather not drive there and pay their exorbitant fees.

Anyone know what that part is, and where I could acquire it? Thanks!

Old 07-30-2010, 04:51 AM
3rd Gear
Unhappy Fuel Door inner latch

Same problem as you guys, one would think that LR was monitoring this and would be happy assist. We all love our LR, but we do need some help from the factory with this part number and instructions.

Thanks factory!

Bruce

Old 01-30-2012, 08:39 PM
1st Gear
Smile http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/ARV780020G.cfm

Had the same issue with my file door not latching shut randomly a few days ago. Read this thread and found the part here:
Land Rover Body & Chassis Parts - Bumpers, Quarter Panels, Door Handles, Tailgates, Window Parts & More

Look under "FUEL" for various parts related to this thread

The "Bezel" is ~$3.00
Fuel Filler Door Catch Bezel | Land Rover Parts

Quick Reply: 05 LR3 Fuel Door Actuator