LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 LR3 air suspension issue

Old 07-16-2017, 11:26 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *NOW WITH WARNING LIGHT* 2007 LR3 air suspension issue

When I shut off my LR3, it's not lowering itself back down to access height. I can raise and lower the vehicle using the manuals controls, but it's not doing it automatically anymore.

What's the problem? Ok to continue to drive it while this issue exists?

Thanks and Semper Fi!

Last edited by cmshoot; 07-21-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:10 AM
Winching
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I could be wrong, but I don't think automatically changing heights was a feature of the system. The only way to change the height not using the manual controls in the vehicle are if you program the keyfob to do it (which only works while your hazards are on, primarily for hitching up a trailer).

After shutting down and closing all doors, after a couple seconds it does often release some pressure in the system and lower slightly, but not all the way down to access height.

If you have an air leak, it will settle far beyond access height, but over a long period of time (depending how bad the leak is).

Old 07-17-2017, 04:05 PM
Winching
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I agree... you have to select access height manually.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:28 AM
Mudding

Maybe I didn't call it by the correct name. I've had the vehicle for a year. Up until now, whenever I would shut it off, soon after it would lower itself and stay at that height until I cranked it up. It no longer does this.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:55 PM
Winching
Received 105 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Access height an option in menu

Check the owners manual, I believe it is an option available in the instrument panel menu.
You may have unknowingly turned this feature off.

Jeff

Old 07-19-2017, 12:58 AM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cmshoot
Maybe I didn't call it by the correct name. I've had the vehicle for a year. Up until now, whenever I would shut it off, soon after it would lower itself and stay at that height until I cranked it up. It no longer does this.
Thats a programing feature. For the life of me cant remember how to do it.

Had dealer change it (Long ago) because soon as you opened door it halted anyways.

How old is your battery? Original alternator?

Old 07-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Winching
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Since I can't find anything on an "auto access height" setting for the LR3, let's assume you were mistaking the release of pressure after shutting down and getting out for settling to access height.

When you get out, the excess pressure in the system used to hold up the truck plus your weight is released. If it isn't doing it anymore, you might have something wrong with your height sensors, but I would expect this would trigger a fault. You haven't changed the air suspension mode from tight tolerance mode using an IID tool or similar, or had an alignment done recently, have you? If it was accidentally left in tight tolerance mode (used for alignments) and then recently you had one done and they correctly switched it back when they were done, maybe that would be enough to change the behavior. Leaving it in tight tolerance isn't recommended as it will wear out the system much faster. Grasping at straws here though.

If you don't have any faults or warnings, I would say you can probably ignore it.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:05 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

I think the feature was called "Lazy Entry Mode" or something....

Old 07-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

Hmmm....maybe not. I think Lazy Entry just affected seat and maybe mirror position.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:41 PM
Mudding

Now I'm getting a code.

Attached Thumbnails 2007 LR3 air suspension issue-img_6461.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 LR3 air suspension issue