LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Land Rover LR3 Bluetooth issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 04:35 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Land Rover LR3 Bluetooth issues

I am having issues connecting my phone to the bluetooth in my car. It was connected a few weeks ago and when I updated my iPhone to 12.3.1 it would not connect. I am not sure if it's the phone update or my radio. When I try to connect the Land Rover name does not appear in my menu as an option on the phone. The car radio shows, NO PHONE CONNECTED, when I hit the phone button on the console, then the display reads PHONE REMOVED after a minute.One other thing with the radio, a few weeks back it was glitchy where the sound would turn off and on for a few seconds. I don't know if I can attribute the bluetooth not connecting with this as the radio works just fine with all functions minus bluetooth at this point. All-in-all, I guess my ask is on wanting to know if anyone is having this very issue and has been able to resolve?

Thanks!

Old 06-05-2019, 11:52 PM
3rd Gear

I think I figured out what the issue is. I was doing some research and found out that it could be the Bluetooth Module. I understand there are two versions, rounded end model is Nokia for 2008 and below model and the newer version 2009+ is rectangular, unknown brand.

Can anyone help me locate it in a 2009 Land Rover LR3 HSE? my navigation unit is under the driver seat and the amp is under the passenger seat, I looked at both and could not see it. Could it be in the dash or somewhere else?

Old 06-06-2019, 10:29 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I would suggest restarting the phone for starters, also try a different phone. Just grab a friend and try hooking up their phone. I've had BT and GPS completely fail more than once on my phone for a day or two, locally no big deal, but huge pain when I'm in a new city trying to meet with a client. Hit me at the worst time years ago that I had to return to the airport and add the old school GPS to my rental contract. Days later everything worked fine. I'm also on 12.3.1, and my connection is working fine. Since Land Rover isn't showing up in your phone's BT menu, maybe close the app and restart that as well. That said, I'm having lots of other issues with my phone (iphone x) that is completely unrelated to BT at this time. Mainly that I cannot get my calendar to sync with any of my email accounts. Again, not at all related to your issue, but my phone isn't my best friend at the moment.

One other note, my Rover doesn't like it if I unlock the doors, which automatically connects the phone. Huge annoyance if you are walking out of the store while on the phone to load something in the back, only to not remember that it switched over. Having to hit the audio button and select the phone again is sometimes a pain. The other problem is that if you walk far enough away after the phone is connected it won't auto reconnect when you return, you will have to manually select Land Rover in the phone menu. I've learned how to deal with this, as we are dealing with old technology at this point.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:29 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks! I've restarted the phone several times and still no resolve. I have tried connecting another phone to the car and no luck. I think it might be the Bluetooth Module in the car or the update to the system of the car. Any chance anyone knows how to trouble shoot the bluetooth module of the car?