LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 12:42 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket heated seats

Hi, I have a 2007 LR3 without the cold climate pckg. It's getting cold now (17* today) and I sure wish I had heated seats. I've been looking at aftermarket kits and they are very reasonable. But, somewhere, I came across a bit of info regarding Land Rovers with leather seats. Apparently, they already have the heating elements in the seats, so all you really need is to have switches wired to them.

I wanted to know if that is true?

I can't look at the moment because I'm laid up in bed after knee surgery this week. So, thought I do some checking online.

Has anyone installed heated seats?

THanks

Old 12-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aftermarket heated seats

ORIGINAL: quicksquig

Hi, I have a 2007 LR3 without the cold climate pckg. It's getting cold now (17* today) and I sure wish I had heated seats. I've been looking at aftermarket kits and they are very reasonable. But, somewhere, I came across a bit of info regarding Land Rovers with leather seats. Apparently, they already have the heating elements in the seats, so all you really need is to have switches wired to them.

I wanted to know if that is true?

I can't look at the moment because I'm laid up in bed after knee surgery this week. So, thought I do some checking online.

Has anyone installed heated seats?

THanks
you could try removing the seat covers and look for the elements,or
2) just remove the whole seat and look under for any unused connectors-if you find an unused electrical connector you could test it with volt/amp meter to see if it is connector for the heating element.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: Aftermarket heated seats

Easier to call and speak with your service manager, no one else and have him get you the information. All the Disco 2's for the most part, had the heater elements with or with out the cold climate package.