LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Springs Unseated?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 01:25 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Springs Unseated?

Hey all, first time posting here but I've been reading you guys for all my Land Rover fixes since I bought a used 2005 LR3 in June. Unfortunately I couldn't find any answers to my current issue.

Recently my EAC compressor died (connecting arm snapped) so I had to replace it. However, during the period that my compressor was dead my front air springs lost all pressure. New compressor works fine and airs everything up perfectly but when I turn the car off and let it sit the front springs begin to lower (~ .5 inch/hour). I've pulled both engine fuses to make sure it wasn't a self leveling issue, pulled and cleaned my front valve block, and still having the same issue.

I read that the air springs can become unseated from being depressurized for extended periods of time and was hoping someone would know how to reseat them correctly. I also remember reading a while back that the seats on the air springs can get gunked up and make for improper seating. So how would I go about cleaning and seating these things?

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2015, 09:47 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I haven't heard of that one. It sounds more like the front valve block. Have you disconnected power to it, to see if it still leaks down? You can spray them, and suspect areas with soapy water and check for bubbles. It also could be you have a bad air strut boot (mine did finally go bad). I know of a guy with air new air struts for sale if you end up needed them.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 459 Likes on 410 Posts

...and what is this "connecting arm" that snapped? Do you mean your swaybar end link?

Old 09-28-2015, 08:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Assume he means the connecting arm that attaches the electric motor to the piston in the air compressor cylinder.