LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Susp Fail many dash lights HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Susp Fail many dash lights HELP

2006 LR3
95,000 miles

I've recently been a victim of the dreaded air ride system failure accompanied with numerous dash light. The amber brake light, trac light, HDC fault, and transmission faults are either all on at once or intermittent.
I've read through tons of pages on various forms and trouble shot and changed out numerous parts.

Parts changed out: Battery and brake switch.

Items inspected: ground wires on both passenger and drivers side trim, checked all connectors under carpet, checked transmission module behind battery for signs of moister. All these items checked out fine with volt meter and no areas showed signs of corrosion or exposed metal.

Codes retrieved: P0504, U0416, C1A196. these codes where retrieved using a Snap on Solus Pro and a Launch X341.

Any help rather small or large would be very appreciated.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

That would be the brake light switch or bulbs. Replace switch with updated version for LR, and replace all the brake light bulbs. See how it goes after that.

Unrelated but worth considering...

As far as reasonable preventative maintenance you should consider the following;

Change front and rear differential fluids, replace with royal purple. Take note of the condition of the old fluid. A good indy should be able to do it. Use caution to fill properly, you do not fill these to the hole, you put in a specific amount of fluid.

Change the Transfer case fluids, replace with Royal purple.

Change the transmission pan with a metal one, and new filter (kit). Put in new Land Rover specific OEM fluid ONLY.

Replace the brake light switch and brake light bulbs (OEM only).

Check for proper operation of roof drains, and inspect for water damage from any previous leaks around the A pillar. Additionally, check the plastic cowl, at the base of the windshield for warping. This is a common leak area. Additionally, consider replacing the outer plastic cover and grommet snaps Left and Right on the windshield. Originals are known to begin leaking at some point, and my experience is the original plastic cracks internally with age on the hold downs. The last one I got in, seems to be a bit more rugged than the original, so perhaps they have improved it.

Consider the age of the battery and realize many faults that occur seemingly unrelated are due to battery failure or weakness.

Replace the swing arm bolts with new OEM improved version. See pictures and write up here. http://forums.landroverworld.org/sho...t=19422&page=2

Plan on replacing all the belts and tension pulleys at about 100k.

A good independent shop can carry out all of these items at a very reasonable price.

You can order the parts online. I suggest http://www.landrovermerriamparts.com

Last edited by unseenone; 01-22-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Drifting

Fixed it!! I went back over everything to see if I missed anything. I noticed wires connections in the passenger side sill that looked bad. After cleaning them up and soldering bad connections, my issues are gone. The truck does all that it's supposed to now.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:19 AM
1st Gear
Default I have exactly the same issues !!!

Originally Posted by graveshaker
Fixed it!! I went back over everything to see if I missed anything. I noticed wires connections in the passenger side sill that looked bad. After cleaning them up and soldering bad connections, my issues are gone. The truck does all that it's supposed to now.
...hello sir,My name is Bayo and I live in Nigeria. My contact number is +2348026262697 .If you don't mind can you send me pictures of the places you cleaned and soldered. I would be most grateful if I could have your phone number so that I can directly tell you my issues with my 2006 lr3.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

pull up the right front door sill on the floor, you will see the wire harness, there are splices with blue tape, they probly need repair

Old 11-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Mudding
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

there is another thread on this topic where I explained that my dash light and faults were cleared by installing new speed/abs sensors. If I would have had a scan tool, I would have only replaced one, but my trouble wasn't fixed until I replaced the correct one. By bad luck, t was the last one that was the faulty one. On the plus side, I have four new sensors.