LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension dropping on front end

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 09:09 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air suspension dropping on front end

Hey all, new here and needing some help diagnosing an issue.

So far I have replaced the front bags on both sides, as well as the front control block which all had leaks, however after only a day, the front end drops down again just like it had before replacing all the parts.

Any ideas on what to check next? I'm running out of ideas.. and money.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-17-2016, 11:15 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Compressor or tank?

Old 02-17-2016, 11:18 AM
8th Gear

The car seems to inflate quickly and stays inflated while driving. I don't notice the compressor coming on while I'm using it. The rear also stays inflated while the front deflates overnight, so I would think that the tank is okay... i think.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Front drops normally when car is parked or front drops when fuse is pulled (or battery disconnected) and car is left overnight? If the front still drops when the fuse/battery is disconnected, then I would be looking at the reservoir valve block and/or the lines themselves. After that, I would examine the compressor.

The following users liked this post:
WampaStompah (02-18-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 11:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 130 Likes on 119 Posts

Agree. disconnect the battery or pull the fuses for EAS.

Even if you replaced the front valve block there could be a line leaking up front.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:43 AM
8th Gear

I'll disconnect fuses tonight and I'll report back in the morning. Thanks so much guys!

Old 02-18-2016, 09:41 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by cmb6s
Front drops normally when car is parked or front drops when fuse is pulled (or battery disconnected) and car is left overnight? If the front still drops when the fuse/battery is disconnected, then I would be looking at the reservoir valve block and/or the lines themselves. After that, I would examine the compressor.
So the front will drop automatically when parked? I did not know that. Why is is that? I understand the auto level will check and lower the rear to match front but did not realize the front would normally lower when parked for a while.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:07 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 130 Likes on 119 Posts

AFAIK it only levels at the rear when it senses weight changes or a long drive. I'll hit the lock button walking away and I will see it sit down a fraction of an inch on the rear axle, but not front.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:51 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Tratcliffe
So the front will drop automatically when parked? I did not know that. Why is is that? I understand the auto level will check and lower the rear to match front but did not realize the front would normally lower when parked for a while.
No, the front will not normally lower when parked for a while. Perhaps bad wording on my part. The purpose of pulling the fuse is to isolate the problem area. With the fuse pulled, all cross link valves should be closed. With the system still active, the car may have a leak elsewhere that is manifesting itself through a droopy front due to the self-leveling of the car.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:27 AM
8th Gear

Okay, so update. I pulled the fuses, however the vehicle dropped down to about the exact same height after just a day.

Quick Reply: Air suspension dropping on front end