LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Suspension Replacement Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I successfully rebuilt my air struts, fitted new Koni dampers, and new seal kit, etc. I did it at 105k, they were about due. They were "snappier" raising, etc. afterwards.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default rubber air springs OK then

What you are saying is that the air spring rubber was OK and the shocks not so good. That would make sense as the air springs are supposed to last a long time - as in they do not wear out, but the shocks, well shocks are shocks.

I gather Koni is about the only manufacturer who make a replacement shock for the Land Rover.

I have about 110,000 miles on my 3 and sort of think that it is about time to look at the air springs / shocks.

I was kind of figuring on just putting the genuine Land Rover / Delphi air spring assemblies complete back on. The reality is that four genuine air spring assemblies plus labour to install is probably worth more than my 3 on a used 3 lot and that sort of cools the enthusiasm.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Putting Delphi assemblies in is probably easier. I'm probably going to do that with mine. They are 133 pound for the front and 150 pounds for the rear from the UK. With the current conversion that about $925. I'm not sure how heavy they are, so shipping might ruin it.

Getting them from a reseller here, they are about $340+ each.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Pro Wrench
Default fronts $300 + rear $350

I liked the look of your numbers as it seems to me that from my LR dealer, each corner is closer to $700 for the complete assembly, shock and air spring.

On a lark, I decided to check out the BP Utah site. They are showing a sale right now with front assemblies complete for about $300 and the rears, about $350.00 each.

What I was not certain of was if this were the same units my LR dealer sells for double or something branded OEM which well I just do not know.

The pictures do not show any labels and I would expect to see labels similar to the label still showing on my original factory "came with the 3" assemblies with Delphi in big print and a Land Rover part number and bar code.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:09 PM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey bbyer what all supplies would need to install aux battery system for 05 lr3?

Old 12-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by teufulhunden76
Hey bbyer what all supplies would need to install aux battery system for 05 lr3?
I don't know what he used, but I know you can get the brackets for a RHD D3, and the battery should fit right in on the other side. I've seen some photos of the guys in Australia doing the opposite.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Pro Wrench
Default Traxide kit for the LR3.

The link below is to my album related to my Traxide dual battery install.

Basically, you just order the LR3 kit which includes the unique Land Rover electrical system modified relay, the battery bracket for the left hand side where the new battery is located and a length of heavy cable plus a bit of other stuff.

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - Traxide Dual Battery install in LHDrive

This is the link to the D3 kit on the Traxide site. Just make certain you let him know you are ordering for an Left Hand Drive 3, (USA and EU version), as the kit is not quite the same as for a Right Hand Drive 3, (UK and AU version).

D3-AS = SC80-LR Standard Kit | TRAXIDE - RV | Traxide - RV

Old 12-23-2013, 09:07 AM
3rd Gear

Thanks I appreciate all you guys help.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by bbyer
I liked the look of your numbers as it seems to me that from my LR dealer, each corner is closer to $700 for the complete assembly, shock and air spring.

On a lark, I decided to check out the BP Utah site. They are showing a sale right now with front assemblies complete for about $300 and the rears, about $350.00 each.

What I was not certain of was if this were the same units my LR dealer sells for double or something branded OEM which well I just do not know.

The pictures do not show any labels and I would expect to see labels similar to the label still showing on my original factory "came with the 3" assemblies with Delphi in big print and a Land Rover part number and bar code.

Atlantic British has the OEM versions for "about" the same price.

Front: $359 and Rear: $349

LR3 Front Strut (Part # RNB501580) - Suspension Parts For The LR3

Old 12-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Pro Wrench
Default Fronts struts look to be Genuine, rears OEM brand.

Thanks for the link.

I note the picture and part number of the front struts pretty much suggests the strut is the same one you would get as if ordered from a Land Rover dealer. The picture shows the labels and bar code etc.

The rear strut seems a different story. The picture does not show any labels or bar codes and the part number ends with OEM. As such, it is the OEM brand which may or may not be the Land Rover dealer strut without the stickers and I guess higher price.

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Replacement Kits