LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another suspension fault help

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016 | 11:37 AM
|
4wd Low
Default another suspension fault help

so I have an 05 lr3 that started with the suspension fault a few months ago. it goes up but not down, it tries to go down then the rear goes into extended mode then says to remove obstacle and reset height. there is no obstacle because I'm in the drive way. I can see the rear goes up but not the front.
I rebuilt the dryer, some of the desiccant was already powder, but it still does the same thing.
in the 4x4 screen it shows all sensors the same height even if the rear is higher than the front. it will try to lower for about a 2 seconds then it goes back into extended mode. I try to drive it over the 30mph to see it would do down on its own but it wont. will been and tell me it will lower but it doesn't lower. sometimes if it sits over night I will lower other times I will stay high.
can the valve blocks cause it not to vent from the rear? it might think theres and air obstruction so it trys to lower but then goes back up.
any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Old 04-14-2016 | 12:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Okay sounds like you need to take it like its high school science class. Try and isolate as many variables as possible.

What it sounds like is a sensor issue, OR the valve block not working properly as you suspect (I kind of doubt this though).

1) Not that it is leaking but try and pull fuses over a few nights and see what it does.

2) try running codes for error messages that otherwise would not trigger a suspension fault. Could provide some insight.

3) recalibrate your suspension

4) You could pull the rear valve block and visually inspect it. I want to say that if you lift it and then trick it into extended height it should give enough space to see and reach the rear valve block. Do brace the vehicle and pull fuses, disconnect battery etc. Not responsible for crushing your hands/appendages

5) could even be the ride height switch. One truck I originally looked at would raise but couldn't lower other than by the speed cutoff function.

Old 04-14-2016 | 12:33 PM
|
4wd Low

I will the fuses first, in some of the post I have read it suggest only the f26e in the engine compartment should I pull other ones?
now that I recall I can remember the first day it did this, not that it might matter...
I was backing up a trailer with a boat, I have been hauling for months prior to the incident, and I remember I was backing it up but was stuck and kept trying to back it up but wouldn't move. after that I tried to lower it to remove the hitch from the ball and that's when it started, it maybe been a coincidence but that was the first time I can recall that it had the suspension fault.
but will start with the fuses, thanks

Old 04-14-2016 | 04:42 PM
Camel Trophy

If you're going to keep this vehicle for a while, an IIDTool is your friend. Sounds to me like it needs a calibration. Dave's list up above is good.

Old 04-15-2016 | 09:40 AM
Rock Crawling

My guess is either calibration or a bad rear sensor. The indicators on the dash not moving makes me think sensor, but they are not very high-res so if the truck isn't moving a lot you wouldn't see a change on them anyway.

How would a GAP tool help here? Obviously it would read the codes, but also if you had the it you could manually raise/lower each corner and see if it responds. You could also read live values for each corner while you jack the truck up to see if the sensors are changing at all. Of course you could also check and re-set the calibrations.

Old 04-16-2016 | 12:16 PM
|
4wd Low

i pulled the fuses and all shocks went down, when i put the fuse back on the truck leveled out and it been running normal height since but i know it i change the height the faults will come back. i guess i will have to buy a gap tool to make pull the suspension codes.