LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone running this

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:35 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you're Dave... i must be thinking of a different kit.. Sasquatch kit?

Old 10-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya dave makes the adjustable rods and I make the solid ones that are not adjustable.
mine are 160 shipped

Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 PM
4wd Low

Ohh, ok!! =) sweet!

Old 10-05-2009, 09:43 AM
4wd Low

DRZ... thanks for the info... question, in that comparison pic.. are they both in off-road height? or normal?

That would look nice with some bigger tires.. I was reading that you can fit 32's with the rod-mod.. anyone try 33's?

Old 10-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Winching

32" tires do fit with some rubbing in the rear. A 33" tire will probably be to wide and tall. It will not fit yet. If you get the spacer kit and combine it with my rods a 33" tire would fit if you can find one narrow enuf in an 18-19" rim. A 12.50 is to wide. both in offroad mode if I remember correctly that pic is over a year old.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:47 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 81 Likes on 53 Posts
Default LR3 Lift Kit

Originally Posted by offroadlr3
DRZ... thanks for the info... question, in that comparison pic.. are they both in off-road height? or normal?

That would look nice with some bigger tires.. I was reading that you can fit 32's with the rod-mod.. anyone try 33's?
OffroadLR3 - I make these rods for $125 at johnsonrods.com
greg

Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Default LR3 Lift Kit

Originally Posted by Rippin'AV
The rods are essentially tricking the computer to think the airbags need more air to reach "normal" ride height. The computer compensates by pumping them up higher. The actual height is 2" higher while the computer thinks its still in normal height. By switching to either "access" height or "off road" height the computer still adds or releases air like usual but the rods have added 2" regardless of height setting.

In a nutshell...

New ACCESS mode = old NORMAL height
New NORMAL mode = old OFF ROAD height
New OFF ROAD mode = old EXTENDED OFF ROAD height.

I've had these rods for a while and run them everyday. They were very easy to install. Took 2 minutes a side....while I was getting the new (larger) tires installed at the shop.
I make these rods for $125 at Johnsonrods.com
Greg

Old 02-06-2010, 06:18 PM
7th Gear
Default Suspension lift rods in Extended Mode

OK; Say I fit these rods to trick the computer into raising the 4WD 50 mm.
What happens if I get stuck and the 4WD automatically goes into Extended Mode (p179-180 of the manual)? Does it still raise the suspension further, and if it does; if I invoke the additional lift manually while in Extended Mode, can the suspension cope with this significant increase in lift.
Or does it go POP!, and leave me stranded in the ditch miles from home?

Ques 2: I would like to raise the vehicle when I am off road, and if it only takes a few minutes to do as another user suggested, there’s no reason why I couldn’t put them on for off-road driving, and take them off again when we get home. It’s a great vehicle to drive around town, but my short wife would complain about climbing so high to get in and out all the time. The main issue is if the rods are fitted, will Extended Mode do damage to the suspension?

This raises another question I have: Does anyone know a way of invoking Extended Mode manually, as I think it would be very useful when doing water crossings?

Regards Barry

Old 02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
LR Forum Vendor

Barry:
I sent you a PM on this.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Winching

OK; Say I fit these rods to trick the computer into raising the 4WD 50 mm.
What happens if I get stuck and the 4WD automatically goes into Extended Mode (p179-180 of the manual)? Does it still raise the suspension further, and if it does; if I invoke the additional lift manually while in Extended Mode, can the suspension cope with this significant increase in lift.
Or does it go POP!, and leave me stranded in the ditch miles from home?

answer

No It wont go pop, you will be ok. some guys will get a fault that says the vehicle can't go any higher which will reset if you turn off and then restart vehicle which happens when the you put the vehicle in super ext mode with the rods. You can obtain super ext mode when ext mode is activated, you depress your brake and hold the height switch for about 3-5sec. that is why I do a 10mm lift. 10-13mm is a good leingth some guys run 12mm. I OFFER BOTH 10 OR 12MM. I wont make them any shorter than 12mm. I know a few who run 14mm and are ok.

Ques 2: I would like to raise the vehicle when I am off road, and if it only takes a few minutes to do as another user suggested, there’s no reason why I couldn’t put them on for off-road driving, and take them off again when we get home. It’s a great vehicle to drive around town, but my short wife would complain about climbing so high to get in and out all the time. The main issue is if the rods are fitted, will Extended Mode do damage to the suspension?

ans

With the rods I have been making for years I can swap them in less than 15 min. Alot of guys do this. some of my clients even have another set of rims.

This raises another question I have: Does anyone know a way of invoking Extended Mode manually, as I think it would be very useful when doing water crossings?

ans

Yes if you lower your vehicle onto a jack or log/roch to get yourself highcentered when going from off road mode to normal moed super extended mode will be invoked. If you have any ?s just holler I have ben dooing this for as long as just about anyone in the states. there were a handfull of us who brought this to the us and have been testing it.