LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery died and now....immobilizer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Battery died and now....immobilizer?

So I bought this rig and found that it needed some work.
So I sent it to a shop for some work and they pulled some codes. I agreed to the work and they let the battery die while working on it.

Now they have recharged the battery and tell me that the immobilizer won't let the LR3 start.

They are telling me it could be wires and tracing and since I have already agreed to 3K worth of work I don't want them chasing ghosts for 125.00 per hour bringing my bill up to god knows how much when I pick it up.

I have read on here that when the battery dies funky things can happen with the electronics.

Could someone please give me some help with this immobilizer issue?

Old 06-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I believe for security reasons, the only one that can reset the immobilizer is the dealer. Buy a Deka 9A94 battery. Try try an independent shop if you can't swing the labor rates and do not want to do it yourself.

If you do want to do it yourself, then you'll find help here.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Three Wheeling
Default New battery

The battery is only a month old.
I originally brought them the Landy because I wanted to make sure it didn't need an engine. Maybe I was overlooking something.
While it was there, they replaced the EPB actuator, lower tie rod, and the upper radiator hose. While doing that, they drained the battery and now they are telling me that the thing is immobilized. So I am going there in the morning for some face time.
They are an indie shop and they should have the computers to diagnose the problem.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:36 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

OK, I just believe the dealer will need to do this. There's a good chance they know someone at the local dealership, so they should be able to resolve it. They should have had a charger on it to do anything with the computers, diagnostics etc.. so it seems like it's their fault and their problem to resolve with your cooperation hopefully. Stuff happens, now it's their response that matters.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:54 AM
Three Wheeling
Default Pic of instrument cluster

Originally Posted by unseenone
OK, I just believe the dealer will need to do this. There's a good chance they know someone at the local dealership, so they should be able to resolve it. They should have had a charger on it to do anything with the computers, diagnostics etc.. so it seems like it's their fault and their problem to resolve with your cooperation hopefully. Stuff happens, now it's their response that matters.

Here is a pic of what I saw this morning. They are going to make it right and keep to their word. Good group of guys.

But if anyone has seen this before it would be helpful to chime in,......

Attached Thumbnails Battery died and now....immobilizer?-img_0478.jpg  
Old 06-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

That E instead of park makes me think it doesn't know what gear it's in. And it's not going to start unless it thinks it's in Park or Neutral.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by jafir
That E instead of park makes me think it doesn't know what gear it's in. And it's not going to start unless it thinks it's in Park or Neutral.

Ok, thanks for the input. Weird. I have been looking all over online for something.

They are chasing wiring right now. Seems that the harness for the EBP had been botched at one point so the tech had to deal with that too.

Old 04-24-2022, 03:55 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immobiliser issue

Hi

Looking online and came across the photo you have posted online and believed to have immobiliser issue.

my dashboard looks like the photo and am wondering if you did end up finding out what the issue was? If so can you please help?

Kind Regards,

Last edited by Kasim; 04-28-2022 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-04-2023, 11:12 AM
Overlanding
Default '08 LR2 Similar problem

Originally Posted by Kasim
Hi

Looking online and came across the photo you have posted online and believed to have immobiliser issue.

my dashboard looks like the photo and am wondering if you did end up finding out what the issue was? If so can you please help?

Kind Regards,
I could not find the other end of this thread, did either of you ever find what the problem was?