LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Audio - Success!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 01:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Aww, that's crummy. I hope it was just an isolated incident and that they replace it for you. Mine is still going and the only issue I have is that once in a blue moon, it won't automatically connect to my phone for some reason. It's not frequent enough that it bothers me and it hasn't done it enough for me to nail down whether there is a particular cause.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 130 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by cmb6s
Aww, that's crummy. I hope it was just an isolated incident and that they replace it for you. Mine is still going and the only issue I have is that once in a blue moon, it won't automatically connect to my phone for some reason. It's not frequent enough that it bothers me and it hasn't done it enough for me to nail down whether there is a particular cause.
I had the same issue. My 3 will link up automatically but I have to manually select to connect to the second receiver. It didn't bother me all that much either, much simpler than having it connected via aux.

They emailed me back (the amazon vender) and are shipping a replacement, so at least their CS is good.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drew888
Good to know, please chime in with the replacement and let us know if it seems ok.

Still working great here.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

I just took possession of a 2006 LR3 SE with the Premium Sound System and Navigation. I am not the most technically savvy person on the planet so I read through this topic and I still have some questions.

I use a Samsung Mega 2 phone and I want to pair it with the LR3 so that I can receive and make calls from the LR3 as well as play songs stored on my phone.

If I'm reading this correctly this gadget will allow me to do exactly this. Did I miss something or should I immediately go out and purchase one of these doodads? Thanks for putting up with my untechnicalness (yeah I know it's not a real word but it sounds good).

Old 06-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 130 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by uoflcardfan77
I just took possession of a 2006 LR3 SE with the Premium Sound System and Navigation. I am not the most technically savvy person on the planet so I read through this topic and I still have some questions.

I use a Samsung Mega 2 phone and I want to pair it with the LR3 so that I can receive and make calls from the LR3 as well as play songs stored on my phone.

If I'm reading this correctly this gadget will allow me to do exactly this. Did I miss something or should I immediately go out and purchase one of these doodads? Thanks for putting up with my untechnicalness (yeah I know it's not a real word but it sounds good).
Your stock bluetooth system will pair with your phone for CALLS ONLY. The bluetooth device linked in this thread's first post works great for adding that additional functionality of music. Had mine for months now and aside from a faulty first unit, has been great. You'll need to have both units, the stock device for your phone calls, and the extra unit for media. It installs pretty easily.

Last edited by DavC; 06-25-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:27 PM
Rock Crawling

My LR3 must not have bluetooth. I don't have the "green" phone button on my steering wheel. I read through my owners manual and didn't see anything about bluetooth. Sounds like I'm back to square one on hands free calling in the LR3.

I have a Garmin Nuvi with bluetooth in my Mercedes and that's what I use to make calls that go through the GPS. The thing is I already have the Navigation in the LR3 so adding another unit just to get bluetooth feature seems a bit redundant as well as cluttering up the dash.

The funny thing is that there is a "phone handset" icon on my head unit but if I press it I get a no phone connected message or something similar.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by uoflcardfan77

If you have an android phone, then it shouldn't matter which Bluetooth streaming device you get. I'm pretty sure that you can tell the phone which device you want to use for A2DP (music streaming) and which device you want to use for phone calls. Us iPhone users can't do that, so I opted to get a device that simply didn't have the ability to take phone calls. So yes, you could get this device, but you could also get a lot of others.

The following users liked this post:
uoflcardfan77 (06-26-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 09:54 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking WaveJamr is the best!

I have been using the WaveJamr, for two years in my 09 RRS SC, and now in my 07 LR3 HSE.

The original product is great, but it is missing the Aptx CSR codec. WaveJamer also Bluetooth 4.0/Smart, so it doesn't use up a lot of battery. I personally don't use NFC music start, like the original suggest product, since I hide the device under my driver seat.

The link to the product is:
WaveJamr Bluetooth Audio Receiver

Also read up on aptx, at the link below. The reason it is really important is the quality of the stream is far superior with this codec compared to standard BT, or BT using just A2DP.
aptX® Wireless Bluetooth Audio Products & Technology

I have had no connection problems. It starts and stops when my car starts and stops, so I don't need to worry that it connects when I leave my car. I connect it via a 30 pin apple USB cable connected to a USB charger in the back cigarete lighter port. I also use the audio cable that comes with it, and it plugs into the the back audio port. I use the rear ports so it is out of site. My kids never seem to kick or step on the connections. I was really worried about that, since they are all under the age of 6.

I set in my phone for this only to handle media audio, because I use a Jawbone headset for phone calls. Also the BT in all Land Rovers, until 2014 is utter garbage. I do this for quality phone calls and privacy. I can set all sound go through the speakers of the car, or how I set it, just the media. All other sounds (Voice Calls, Navigation prompts) go through the headset.

When I plug my phone into the docking station, it automatically can start Bluetooth, or since I normally have Bluetooth on, it automatically connects. This also triggers Ultra car home to start, from which I can have google now navigate me somewhere, start Spotify, or the normal call someone.

I have a Qi Wireless Charging dock, connected to my windshield, so I don't need to fiddle with any wires.
http://www.iottie.com/download/CES_O...20wireless.pdf

Sorry Apple folks. Maybe the 6s will give you wireless charging..

Good luck!

Last edited by LR_Enthusiast; 06-27-2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Rock Crawling

My LR3 is currently getting it's air suspension looked at so I don't have it handy. Is there a 3.5 connection (headphone jack) in these.
Best I can figure is I have the HK Premium Sound System, Navigation, No DVD and no built in bluetooth capability.
I have found the iClever® Himbox Hands Free Wireless Bluetooth which will work, IF I have an AUX in jack. It got a really good rating on thewirecutter.com.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, there is an audio in jack, in the rear of the center console. This isn't an amplified port, so you will have to turn up the volume in your source, but it works great without any static or feedback on the line.

If your LR3 comes with the headrest entertainment package, then your rear console looks like this:
http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/0...le-resized.JPG

If you have an HSE, and without the headrest entertainment package, then your console looks like this:
LAND ROVER CENTER REAR CONSOLE LR3 05-09 OEM USED | Miami British Corp.

The iClever® Himbox Hands Free Wireless Bluetooth seems like a good device if you plan to use it as a substitute microphone. If not, then I would pass and go with an BT 4+ device, that offers aptx Codec.

In my opinion, without aptx, all BT sounds very muffled, especially if your are streaming at 96 kbps or high bitrate. If you only listen to free streaming services, then it shouldn't matter, since they ONLY allow 96 kbps, but if you use any premium services of Spotify, Google Play Music, Pandora One, etc., then it would warrant you searching for a product that supports this codec.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Audio - Success!