LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought an 05 with 220k miles - Need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2023, 08:03 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Bod
You can access the sunroof drain connection by removing just the visor and overhead handle. And also the inside pillar/airbag cover.
okay did that. turns out it was the A-pillar moulding outside.. put some new clips and sealed it with some silicone..

Should be okay now.

Old 06-19-2023, 01:58 PM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey, I bought a cheaper 2005 a couple years back. Mine had a nice sunroof leak driver foot bed. My leak was right where the hose connects to the drain on the driverside wall. in my truck you could see the broken part. I bought a couple new ones on amazon. Left the hose in place but replaced the attachment point to the drain. All fixed.

Old 06-19-2023, 02:27 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by toofaroffroad
Hey, I bought a cheaper 2005 a couple years back. Mine had a nice sunroof leak driver foot bed. My leak was right where the hose connects to the drain on the driverside wall. in my truck you could see the broken part. I bought a couple new ones on amazon. Left the hose in place but replaced the attachment point to the drain. All fixed.
yup. Mine was broken as well. I have already replaced it. Thanks anyways!!

Old 06-25-2023, 11:42 AM
Three Wheeling

Great news , I fixed the transmission. Tan her for around 20 miles and she is shifting great. You can follow progress here

https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...e4/#post869173

now check engine light went on, system too rich in bank 1 and 2. Noticed aftermarket MAF and just ordered a new one. Saw some posts that aftermarket ones can overreport.

The following 2 users liked this post by MyChocolates:
DakotaTravler (06-25-2023), tracyc (06-25-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 04:50 PM
Three Wheeling

Hello again everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates recently as I haven’t had much time to work on it as well as I already went over budget.

I am having some random can bus communication errors. There was water a bit before due to the a pillar molding. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

any can bud connections, grounds I should check under carpet that could cause these issues.

Old 07-05-2023, 04:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts

Are these just CAN codes or are you having problems / symptoms to go with them?

Old 07-05-2023, 05:09 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by tracyc
Are these just CAN codes or are you having problems / symptoms to go with them?
I just grabbed my computer here are codes.

Suspension light came on and radio stopped working.

Old 07-05-2023, 06:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts

Do you know which of those codes are new and which were there before these latest symptoms?

Old 07-05-2023, 07:05 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by tracyc
Do you know which of those codes are new and which were there before these latest symptoms?
I have erased the codes quite often, trying to find out the culprit. Ignore the air compressor thing. I just probably have a small leak. Once the pressure builds up the malfunction goes away. I didn’t run the car for like a week. I installed an aftermarket radio that I set up to turn on with the can bus using a decoder. Which i can disable no problem.

the issue might in fact be the module for the suspension/drive mode selector as there was coffee intrusion, when I disassembled it to clean it there was corroded contacts so it’s possible one of the chips could be shorted to ground. It’s on my to replace list.

I have heard that there is a plug or something under the carpet that can get corroded and cause issues like this. I did have water so I wanted to check but I have no idea where they are.

Old 07-07-2023, 09:56 AM
Three Wheeling

Another update. Still needing information on under carpets wires, connection that can get damaged with water.

So car started misfiring. Not badly, random misfire, tanks is low but not empty. I’m guessing gas tank is dirty, leaky fuel pump so I am probably dropping gas tank over weekend or next week.

Quick Reply: Bought an 05 with 220k miles - Need help