LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new bug found!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Brand new bug found!!

Just posting to warn LR3 owners. I have not seen this reported by anyone else before so I will assume it is little known. I was talking on my phone via bluetooth on my LR3 when a second call came in. I attempted (for the first time ever)to answer it using the radio menu controls ( I usually just ignore the second calls) and the screen froze on "phone mode". The radio screen kept showing phone volume and the GPS screen would not turn off at all, even after turning off the LR3 and removing the keys.I manualy turned off the GPS screen thinking it would wait till morning to take it into the shop but it drained the battery overnight. A quick call to AAA and a jump later I was on my way to the dealer. They are aware of this bug but there is no fix for it yet. Dealer recommends that the call waiting feature is turned off from the settings menu on the radio(which I have yet to do by the way). I think I will just continue to do what I had done for over a year.., ignore the second call

Old 02-28-2008, 06:09 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brand new bug found!!

Interesting. Did they indicate if this affected all years??

Old 02-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Winching

They didn't. But the fact that there's no software to fix it makes me believe that it does.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Winching

You know, I think I figured it out. Do you know what the percentage of people who actually read the owner's manual of things they buy is? Pretty darn close to none. You can't imagine how many questions I see posted in this and other forums about things the owner's manual is very clear about, IF they only took the time to read it. My wife is one of those people who will happily pay thousands of dollars extra for confort features and toys she will never, ever use because she wont take the time to find out what they are and how to use them. She's been driving her Acura TL for over a year now and made it through this last winter not knowing her car had seat warmers!!!!!!!!! [sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Unfortunately for me, I fall under the category of those rare people who just HAS to read that darn thing. And if my car has a button that is supposed to do something, I want, no, I NEEDto know exactly how it works. Hince the small issue with working the call waiting function through the LR3 radio. The only reason I even attempted to use it is because I read about it in the owner's manual in the first place. But how many people would ever bother to do the same?

So, since only a VERY small percentage of LR3 owners would ever attempt to use their call waiting through the stereo system (since it requires reading the owner's manual to find out you have such feature), then not very many people would ever need to complain that the system froze on them, right? Therefore, in all probability it IS a model wide problem that simply 99% of owners would never find out about simply because they're not even aware that they have that feature in their vehicles.

By the way, just so you know, people who don't read owner's manual drive me crazy!!! [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 02-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know there is nothing that bothers me more than a stupid ? that can be answerd by checking your manual thats why a vehicle comes with one. and a vechile like the LR3 it is a must it is not like you are driving a chevy truck. I have been tempted to awnser the simple manual ?s with nothing more than a manual page number or a look in the book you dumb a**!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:26 PM
4wd Low

That is where the phrase "RTFM" comes from. many other forums utilize that as a common response to a simple, "you should just read the manual" question.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Three Wheeling

I was in at the dealer yesterday (return trip for front side passenger leak) and mentioned your bug. They were nodding about half-way through and said there was a software fix for it.
I hope they're right, otherwise I'm going to have to start thinking about traveling an hour in the opposite direction for service.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Overlanding

Did they ever fix your leak?? Have you had them fix anything else? I am still searching for an LR3 but waiting for the LR3 market to get a bit softer before I buy.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Three Wheeling

Yes, they did. It was another source than the sunroof. They had to manufacture a part to cover the gap (they'd done it before), and it works like a charm.