Sights N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Land Rovers, Range Rovers, and Freelanders.

Bug's Eye View

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Bug's Eye View

Thought I'd share my video taken today. I've only flown my AR Drone a few times, and this is my first try at focusing on an object, so it's pretty shaky, and it was very breezy today. But, it was fun to do.

Attached Thumbnails Bug's Eye View-ar-drone-2-xl.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSport; 12-24-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I can see that this would have no place in the hands of a peeping Tom.... good way to see what is on the other side of the ridge or fence. Next the boss will be flying one around spying on us.

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 12-14-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
I can see that this would have no place in the hands of a peeping Tom.... good way to see what is on the other side of the ridge or fence. Next the boss will be flying one around spying on us.
Yeah, peeping toms would love this. The video is much clearer than what got uploaded. I'm not sure what I did wrong during the conversion. Anyways, it's fun to fly. I can go about 100 feet high, 300 feet away, and fly while watching the screen of my tablet. You can see through the camera on your tablet, so you can fly around corners, etc... Actually, there's TWO cameras on it. One forward facing, and one facing down. I'll try switching between forward and down facing next time.

Here in the US, it's not your Boss you need to worry about. The US Government already has these all over the country, and they just approved a bill in Feb that will allow 30,000 by 2015. They are using much more sophisticated versions of course. And, to boot, they added to the Bill that the US Gvt can spy in your backyards, and windows without it being illegal. So next time you open your blinds, "Smile"!

Last edited by SuperSport; 12-15-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

I can use them for a quick scan of the boneyard! I hope the givamint investigators have strong stomachs - they a'int seen SWMBO in her skivvies....

Old 12-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Pro Wrench

I can use them for a quick scan of the boneyard! I hope the givamint investigators have strong stomachs - they a'int seen SWMBO in her skivvies....
Too bad we're not closer, I'd come over and allow you to fly over the yard. It's pretty cool. If you want one, they run $299 or less and need either an iDevice or Android Device for the controller software. The Older (less clear video) AR Drone 1.0 I see for $100 pretty often on Craigslist.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

It is also "settled law" that the government can observe any "emission" from your house, they used IR thermography to catch indoor pot farmers. With a little help from the power company, who can supply power bills for every house by street or area, and pick out the ones way above average....(original use for meter service issue detection).

Old 12-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Pro Wrench

It is also "settled law" that the government can observe any "emission" from your house, they used IR thermography to catch indoor pot farmers. With a little help from the power company, who can supply power bills for every house by street or area, and pick out the ones way above average....(original use for meter service issue detection).
I follow technology pretty well, and I remember a few years ago they demonstrated a thermo camera that they sit outside your house in a van and can see people VERY clearly inside. It was spooky... I mean VERY clearly, almost like a grainy video.

Yes, our meters have been changed to the new wireless models. You can log on the Internet any time and see how much power is being used at any given time. I'm sure I'm not the only one who looks at my meter. I personally don't care, since I try my best to keep my nose clean, but I can see how it would be an issue for some. Although, here in California, it's legal to grow, so I guess it's a non issue.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bugs eye view... I thought you were going to crash the thing into the windshield or somethin.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Rover drone

Old 03-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Range... 35 nautical miles. Radar crossection equivalency data... B-52. Tactical armament... Seafoam injector smoke decoys.

Quick Reply: Bug's Eye View