LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calibration (adaption clearing) for Transmission after service?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 07:20 AM
Mudding
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Ok, I will get on my GAP tool to check the software tonight after work. If not will that be a fast lane service through GAP?
And yes i drive like I'm 90, so I'm sure that is not helping.
thanks to both of you and I will update with my findings.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:35 PM
Mudding

OK so during lunch I checked the ecu for updates. Attached is what I found. So there is an update for the Airbags, Audio system, Cell phone, Instrument pack, and Transmission. The pic if for the transmission (obviously) but how do I go about rectifying this. Is this all going to be a $30 pop through fast lane? I have done the clock on the dash and the 3 blinker flash. Not sure if that would cause the instrument pack to show "update available".

Sorry for such large image, did not take the time to resize.
I'm not very clear how to read this, so is this saying there are three different one being for the assembly, one for calibration and one for strategy? Or would one update fix all the un-updated?
I tried to google the first one and it just pulled up a Transmission control module for a ford, but it auto removed the "8h22" and "BC".

Abran-
Roger that on the braking, I try to use the brakes as little as possible, my wife in her car on the other hand, its scary!

Again thanks for all the info, going form jeeps to LR is a huge difference especially with all the smarts these things have, thank god for the GAP tool.

Old 06-17-2019, 01:06 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

I’m not sure how to read that. Send an email to GAP, they will sort you out.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:06 PM
Mudding

After posting it here I also sent GAP an email. Just being pro active about it.
Possibility Philip Chan could chime in as he stated he has had the ECU flash for the update. Like I said I have already emailed GAP.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:27 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually have that update ready to go, but the tool told me it would take 6.5 minutes to install, and I don't have a battery maintainer. Was told by GAP that I would be able to have jumper cables from another running car to the LR3 as an alternative. Was going to attempt today, but my GAP tool went **** up ...wtf...

Anyway, I have it ready to install...whenever the tool gets back to normal.

Incidentally, GAP will ask you to full a full diagnostic and email it to them. Then they can read what needs updating...

Old 06-24-2019, 07:01 AM
Mudding

Philip Chan - That sucks about the Gap tool, have not heard of that. Good to know that it happens though and will be rectified by them, or what sounds like by abran.

I contacted them about it and they are very "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality. Like I stated I have several that have updates available but they seem to be apprehensive about any kind of updates unless it is to fix an issue. In my mind having the older software is a bad thing, or not as good as having the newer software. My only assumption is that it is a legality and covering their butt just in case tactic.
I'm still debating over the update thought, or should I just go ***** in.

I just finished replacing the inner tie rods/TRE, stabilizer bar bushings and links and found a very substantial rust spot on the front of the air reservoir so now I'm looking to replace that and then another on the fuel skid plate. So at least the reservoir will take precedence for time being.