LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone identify this roof rack?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 05:39 AM
Mudding
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default no swimming

Originally Posted by thorgal
Obviously , you don't do a much serious water fording, when exploring..... Some crossings are long and fairly deep and trust me , you won't see much thru those bumper lights if you are doing that at night ..I strongly suggest to look into Camel Trophy videos , among others,to understand , that roof lights have a place in off roading.Cheers
Oh I am sure they have their place but "serious water fording", especially at night, should likely be left to a vehicle with fewer sensitive electronics than an LR3. The risk of electrical demons is way past my knowledge base and pay scale to go rippin into a river and then be stuck there.

Half an hour in headlight deep water lead to wet carpet for 2 weeks in 30 degree weather (86*F) and who knows how much damage that little fiasco caused. It is hard to see in the picture but the plan was to make a right turn and drive on. A submerged log said "nope, you get to go straight." The loose gravel of the steep bank said "nope, you can't back out of this."

SERIOUS off roading should be left to the good ol boys where a big block mechanical engine and solid transmission are bolted to a frame with big tires and big winches and the drivers pack around thick wallets. I'll just stick to moderate overlanding where I can open my door and avoid footprints on my window sills. Lesson learned; off roading comes with dangers hazardous to life, limb and wallet and in my case the almighty dollar says "no swimming"

Attached Thumbnails Can anyone identify this roof rack?-283433_10153049711265383_1252089694_n.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
jwalk1995 (09-07-2017)