LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I add third row seating to a SE5 (5 seater)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I add third row seating to a SE5 (5 seater)

Just got my '06 LR3 SE V8. I really didn't know much about Land Rovers before I got it. Mine is a 5 seater whichis fine, butI was eventually planning to purchase the third row seats and add them - mostly when the kids friendsneeded a ride (we are a family of 5). Anywy, after picking it up today and doin g some research, it almost looks like the 7 seater is completetly different in the mid seating and rear too. It almost looks like this is not a easy buy/install thing. Can someone please confirm if this is possible?

Also,after picking it up, I noticed that my mid seats have a different headrest than most other 05 and 06 LR3 (at least when I look at pics on ebay).Most have a standard (basic shape) headrest that sticks straight up from thetop mid section of the seat. Mine have a headrest alomost in the shape of a "L" where the headrest points out towards the passenger and then points downwards. Is this normal for the 06? Did they make a change from 05' to 06? Lastly, in the owners dvd, it shows that the 3 mid row seats are independant and each can be stowed - with mine themid passenger side is separate (1 seat) and then the two mid drivers side are joined and stow as one piece - again is this normal? I think the 7seater has these independant mid seats where the 5 seater has my setup but would like to confirm.

Thanks

Old 11-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I add third row seating to a SE5 (5 seater)

I would not say it is impossible to install third row seats. Anything is possible if you want to spend enough money. However it would be unrealistic to do so. The entire back of your Rover would have to be gutted and a new interior fitted. Yes the five seater back seats split in two and on the seven seater the back seats split in three. The third row seats actually stow into the floor.

I'm not sure about the headrest. I have a seven seat HSE and my midseat headrests are just normal shaped.