LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo dimensions and LOGIC7 questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 04:05 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo dimensions and LOGIC7 questions

Thinking of purchasing an LR3 and have two questions I wasn't able to find the answers to using the search function, I was hoping someone could help me.

Regarding cargo dimensions, what is the distance between the tailgate and the back of the 2nd row seats?

Was the LOGIC7 sound system an option on SEs, or only available on HSEs? Is there a way to figure out which sound system the vehicle is equipped with?

Thanks!

Old 05-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 141 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by RZT5
Regarding cargo dimensions, what is the distance between the tailgate and the back of the 2nd row seats?
Distance from the top of the 2nd row seats to the tailgate is 37 inches. Distance from the bottom of the 2nd row seats along the floor to the tailgate is 44 inches. Hope this helps.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:02 PM
3rd Gear

Exactly what I needed to know, thank you!

Old 05-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 145 Likes on 127 Posts
Default 3 sound systems - count the speakers.

I have the high end 14 speaker AUD4 sound system and I regard it as like having the Boston Pops in the back seat. The system is perhaps not the best for hard rock, but if you like hearing high notes, cymbals, bells, chimes, a Sax, piano, strings, the 14 speaker system is pretty good.

Next is the 10 speaker system which also has Harman Kardon written all over the place and has about a 400 watt amp - the 14 speaker system is nominal 600 watts.

Below that is a five speaker system and the amp is in the radio as is more the norm with most vehicles.

What is really interesting is the antenna system. Both of the rear side windows and maybe the rear hatch window as well are what is called the Diversity system. If you have the correct radio head, I think you can pick up moon shots. While not that diverse, the antenna does AM, FM, LW, SW, EU TV as well as various traffic messaging systems. What it does not do is Sirius or XM. For that, you get a Sharks fin on the roof and was not in most 2005/6 HSE's but I think by 2007 was "available".

As best I can determine, the IHU, Integrated Head Unit or "radio" is made by Alpine, the NAV by Denso, and the two amplifiers by Harman Kardon as are the differing grades of speakers depending upon the system.

The optical MOST system connecting the high end IHU output to the 600 watt amp is made by someone else again. This means it is truly a system and good luck to those who think they can just tear out the head and pop in some eBay miracle double DIN unit. There are no speaker wires between the head and the AUD4 amp - the MOST system with real red laser light carries the signal to the amp. From the amp, 20 conductors, (not 28), feed the 14 speakers.

O yes, I forgot to mention the Bluetooth - Nokia used to provide both the optical and non optical modules; now it is someone called MIC and it is all optically tied to the head unit where some of the software resides.

The GPS antenna is located in the red plastic high mounted stop light assembly.

To answer your question, you count speakers as LR later started to spec the newer SE's almost as high as the HSE's so there are no rules.

If you are looking for I guess a really good sound system, the new Range Rover HSE Autobiography in my dealers showroom has 29 speakers and a 1,700 watt amp. It lists here for over 200 thousand.

Last edited by bbyer; 05-21-2014 at 05:24 PM. Reason: 29 speakers and 1,700 watt amp
Old 05-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Both of my 2006 have Sirius. The SE has the HK system and my HSE has the HK logic7.

There are extra speakers in the door:

Cargo dimensions and LOGIC7 questions-image-1636788189.jpg

Cargo dimensions and LOGIC7 questions-image-818829064.jpg

The non-logic7 just says HK on the tweeter:

Cargo dimensions and LOGIC7 questions-image-4081733207.jpg

The logic7 says that too:

Cargo dimensions and LOGIC7 questions-image-1787399056.jpg

Old 05-20-2014, 03:11 PM
3rd Gear

Very thorough information. Thanks for taking the time to fill me in, now I know what to look for.

Unfortunately I think the current RR Autobiography is just a little out of my price range, haha.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by bbyer
If not that diverse, the antenna does AM, FM, LW, SW, EU TV as well as various traffic messaging systems. What it does not do is Sirius or XM. For that, you get a Sharks fin on the roof and was not in most 2005/6 HSE's but I think by 2007 was "available".

The GPS antenna is located in the red plastic high mounted stop light assembly.
I think the GPS antenna is likely in the "shark fin" and not the high mounted stop light assembly. Reason I say this is because I have a 2006 HSE (manufacture date of Dec '05) and I have the shark fin antenna, but I definitely do not have satellite radio. I can't believe they would install an antenna for satellite radio before they started offering satellite radio unless it was a separate option and not standard on the HSE.... Hmm... I may have just answered my own question.

If that was the case and satellite radio was a separate option, then I would assume the head unit is the same and the antenna is already there. Would I just need to install a sat radio tuner box in order to get sat radio?

Old 05-20-2014, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

So if you press AUX a couple of times you don't get Sirius?

Old 05-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 145 Likes on 127 Posts
Default cell phone antenna also in the Sharks fin

The link below has a number of files mostly related to the Infotainment systems.

One of the files, 415-02 is a 5 page pdf that explains the antennas fairly well. Not only is the Sirus antenna within the Sharks fin, a cell phone antenna is also included. Note that the satellite antenna is called a SDARS antenna; Satellite Digital Audio Radio System antenna.

The GPS antenna is as I said, in the red plastic and the GPS amp is located up above that rear hatch centre courtesy light - kind of in that area.

In other words, I think if you have the Sharks fin, I expect you have only to set up a Sirus account and the stars will sing to you.

More down to earth and better yet, you can also connect one of those Wilson or Smooth Talker antenna boosters to the console located end of the cell phone antenna cable and improve your cell phone reception.

This is the antenna link.

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - NAV Radio BlueTooth phone and Rosen DVD

Last edited by bbyer; 05-21-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle

No, unfortunately I don't get anything except "Aux" when I press the Aux button... doesn't matter how many times I press it. Question for you though Jafir, do you have information in your user manual or your radio manual about sat radio? I looked through mine today and do not see any information on Sat Radio at all, which makes me wonder if it was even offered by the time of my build date. If the shark fin is both "SDARS" antenna and cell phone antenna as Bruce points out, then perhaps I only have the cell phone antenna in it? It's got me curious though...

Can anybody verify that the SDARS tuner is located next to the bluetooth module behind the passenger side moulding in the trunk space? If so, perhaps I'll have a look and see if there is any wiring going to that spot that is not in use.

Quick Reply: Cargo dimensions and LOGIC7 questions