LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compressor and Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 11:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Correct, but they are not supposed to leak.

You are correct, the block valves can leak when depowered; they are not supposed to but with age, I suppose all do, but new, not so in theory.

As such, two wheels on the same side going down is odd, it suggests multiple failure paths; both fronts or both rears going down is kind of common as all it takes is a front or rear block valve to be weak.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbyer
You are correct, the block valves can leak when depowered; they are not supposed to but with age, I suppose all do, but new, not so in theory.

As such, two wheels on the same side going down is odd, it suggests multiple failure paths; both fronts or both rears going down is kind of common as all it takes is a front or rear block valve to be weak.
it is odd, but there are left and right corner valves in each block and not all have to leak. As with mine one corner leaked more then the other by quite a bit in the front.

I heard one way to test the valve block for a leak leak is to unhook the front or back main line from the compressor to the valve block at the compressor, and put the end of the line in a glass of water and if the associated front or rear block is leaking you will get bubbling out of the line.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Pro Wrench
Default That is a good technique.

Originally Posted by trynian
I heard one way to test the valve block for a leak leak is to unhook the front or back main line from the compressor to the valve block at the compressor, and put the end of the line in a glass of water and if the associated front or rear block is leaking you will get bubbling out of the line.
I had never thought of that procedure. It is relatively efficient as the initial disconnects are done at the compressor block valve location. This saves working in two different locations and perhaps narrows the problem down to either front or rear.

If there are no bubbles from one of the front or rear block valves, then it means either there is no air to leak or that at least two of the three respective block valve orifices, (does not test cross link orifice), are at least holding.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Three Wheeling

Well I just ordered two arnott front struts brand new for $283 each off advanceauto.com. They have 15% off all online purchases, and since I was planning to move over to the arnotts this summer, just went ahead and pulled the trigger. I will just sell my left good strut on ebay to recoup some money. I will have them installed next week and well let yall know if this solves the problem. The front airlines look ok. Has to be the front right stut leaking....

Old 01-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by taylorm334
Well I just ordered two arnott front struts brand new for $283 each off advanceauto.com. They have 15% off all online purchases, and since I was planning to move over to the arnotts this summer, just went ahead and pulled the trigger. I will just sell my left good strut on ebay to recoup some money. I will have them installed next week and well let yall know if this solves the problem. The front airlines look ok. Has to be the front right stut leaking....
Wow. That's a great price. I wish they made rear too.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Pro Wrench
Default Arnott rear air spring assemblies?

We will all be interested in hearing about how the install of the Arnott front air spring assemblies goes. To date, I have not heard any comment, good or bad. Silence is usually good and the price sure is right.

I note the comment about rears not existing so I looked on the Advance Auto Parts site and I see that to my surprise, Advance also calls up a rear air spring assembly as well, Arnott part number AS-2533.

That number puzzled me as on the Arnott site, they say that number was for a pair of front air spring assemblies and has now been superseded by the AS-2570 number for a single assembly.

I just wondered if you had any additional info on the rear assemblies and their part number other than that on the Advance site.

Regardless, it is good news if Arnott also now has the rear assemblies available.

Advance Auto Parts: Search Results for arnott air suspension

Old 01-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I think the guy that makes the abs amigo has a YouTube video where he installs a set on his lr3.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Three Wheeling

The youtube video was published by RSW solutions. I emailed him the other day and he tells me the Arnotts are great! Ride is a little stiffer according to him, but the quality of the Arnott is way better by his initial reviews. I should have them installed within the next 2 weeks and will post some before and after pics. Plus I read the warranty over three times and the lifetime warranty will apply to mnf defect for replacements, which is awesome.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Three Wheeling

I noticed that too, I made sure my product number matched the new strut which is the AS-2570. I also called arnott and they are NOT old LR core struts, they are completely engineered and manufactured by Arnott.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Pro Wrench
Default Link for the Arnott video?

I tried to find the Arnott video but could not; would you post the link if you can find it.

Also, is there a part number for the Arnott rear shocks? Is it per the Advance Auto Parts site which shows it as AS-2533?

Yes, I gather the Arnott air springs are brand new; the shocks are probably of Blistein manufacture.

Quick Reply: Compressor and Suspension Question