LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Continental Terrain Contact tires

Old 05-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

I ran these and loved them on my Discovery II that had RRS rims on it 255/55R19

Trail Blade M/T

Old 06-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Following up on the Terrain Contacts...so far on the highway only, they are fine. I've noticed they are probably the quietest tires I've owned.

They haven't been driven on anything other than sealed roads thus far but I'm happy with them for this. I'll repost once they get driven on some roads which are far more interesting.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Winching
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Mate
Following up on the Terrain Contacts...so far on the highway only, they are fine. I've noticed they are probably the quietest tires I've owned.

They haven't been driven on anything other than sealed roads thus far but I'm happy with them for this. I'll repost once they get driven on some roads which are far more interesting.
Additional feedback would be great, I'm between these, Cooper Zeon LTZs, and Goodyear Duratracs and need to pull the trigger before the end of July.

Pictures would be great as well if you can!

Old 06-09-2017, 03:49 PM
Drifting

No worries. When we get back I'll let you know.

Meanwhile, here are some pictures. I hope this helps. They don't look particularly chunky at all - perhaps a little more aggressive than the Pirelli Scorpion ATRs they replaced.

These are not my ideal choice, but then I think this is the problem with the LR3. I'd like to stay in stock size but have access to more tires...

continental terrain contact

continental terraincontact

Old 06-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

Duratracs. Done and done.

Old 06-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Winching
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Are the BF Goodrich All Terrains not good on this vehicle? Never owned them but heard they were a good all around tire.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by EastCoast
Are the BF Goodrich All Terrains not good on this vehicle? Never owned them but heard they were a good all around tire.
...in the right size, sure

Old 07-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Drifting

So we drove to WY last week from TX. On highway these tires (Terrain Contact) are extremely quiet. I'd say I don't hear them and wind noise etc., is more noticeable.

On maintained dirt roads these were fine (like any tire would be).

On dirt tracks (not maintained) to some family cabins, they were fine also. There are a few small creek crossings (sandy and or rocky bottoms with slightly muddy entrances and exits) and these were fine also. There was one exit which required low range, due to it being a touch steep and muddy, and we got up no worries.

I would say the only thing these would not be great at is deep mud - but then they are not designed for it. They are designed as an all round, all terrain tire (at the far more mild side of the off road spectrum) and for my purposes so far, are great.

If I were to buy again I would probably get these as they are relatively cheap at around $200 a tire. It all depends what you use your vehicle for.

Last edited by Old Mate; 07-15-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:43 PM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thanks for the information

Thanks for all the posts keep them coming,I am torn between these as they are good value or the Duratracs just wish BFG would make the K02 AT in the 19's I am sure they would sell.
The Cooper Zeon LTZ is still available in 255/55R19 - it may be a little difficult to find on their website and/or online for sale, but if you ring around you'll find someone who can get them.

I have just debated this and was down to the Coopers and the Continental TerrainContacts. I have the 19" wheels and wanted to stay with 255/55R19.
thanks for t

In the end, I went with the Continental as they were a fair bit cheaper and I'm not doing anything crazy off road - hopefully we will wander along the Shadow of the Rockies on our way to WY in July and I think these will be fine for that.

Back in Australia I had a diesel Grand Cherokee and initially only had highway tires. Given most of my driving off road was wandering up and down beaches, the highway tires were arguably all you needed. In the end I had slightly more aggressive (than the TerrainContact) A/T tires (Bridgestone D697) and never got into trouble.
I’ll see how these go – Continental have a 60-day satisfaction warranty with them so if they turn out to be crap I will invoke the warranty and order a set of highway Contis for our other car and buy some of the Coopers for the Rover.

So far, and I've driven about 10 miles on them, they seem very quiet. I'm sure they will be fine on the highway, gravel, sand etc. They are not designed for mud so one couldn’t expect much there either.

I'm just hoping they do the job.

Have you bought the tires yet, GBR.R?
So we drove to WY last week from TX. On highway these tires (Terrain Contact) are extremely quiet. I'd say I don't hear them and wind noise etc., is more noticeable.

On maintained dirt roads these were fine (like any tire would be).

On dirt tracks (not maintained) to some family cabins, they were fine also. There are a few small creek crossings (sandy and or rocky bottoms with slightly muddy entrances and exits) and these were fine also. There was one exit which required low range, due to it being a touch steep and muddy, and we got up no worries.

I would say the only thing these would not be great at is deep mud - but then they are not designed for it. They are designed as an all round, all terrain tire (at the far more mild side of the off road spectrum) and for my purposes so far, are great.

If I were to buy again I would probably get these as they are relatively cheap at around $200 a tire. It all depends what you use your vehicle for.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:52 AM
Winching
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Pulled the trigger on a set of 4 TerrainContacts today. Set to be installed next week. I'll get a 5th for the spare when it comes to the first rotation provided they perform well. In the end, they were just so much cheaper than the Coopers and the Duratracs were far more tire than I needed with my minimal offroading. I'll post first impressions after I take them on a highway trip and offroad at the end of the month.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Continental Terrain Contact tires