LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delphi tool vs IIDtool

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 12:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by houm_wa
It's absolutely invaluable. Best two LR3-related purchases ever: RS Sliders and GAP's IIDTool.
I agree 100% on that, accept I have the faultmate version. GAP did not exist when I needed it back in 2010 or I probably would have had it instead, but the same concept and GAP has really done some good work.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by houm_wa
... Not to mention that the failure in the above scenario happend on a trail, and I was able to use the IIDTool to get the LR3 off the bump stops (and my 32" MT/Rs) and back into normal height so that I could pull the EAS fuses.
This is the reason I purchased a Nanocom Evolution for my Discovery II and an IIDTool for my LR3. We go off-roading in remote areas (mountains and desert) and I want a way to interact with critical systems if something goes wrong. This gives me a fighting chance of limping back to civilization if traction control goes offline in my Disco or the EAS drops in my LR3. Both of these tools are small enough to be kept in a glove box or cubby and allow me to work on things without requiring me to pack anything else.

Don't get me wrong: I love technology and I have worked in IT since before it was called IT. I just don't want the extra complexity for something that I may need in a high stress situation. The Delphi tool may be capable, but Black Box Solutions and GAP Diagnostic developed self-contained hardware and software targeted at Land Rover/Range Rover products. I am willing to pay more for a compact, tailor-made solution that could turn a major problem into a minor inconvenience. If I never ventured off-road I'd add the Delphi + computer solution into the comparison when shopping.

-Rob