LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A different kind of suspension issue…

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2023, 09:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink A different kind of suspension issue…

Good Evening Everyone…

I’m sure we’re all familiar with the old phrase “what goes up must come down…” but the ancient missing second half of that statement is “…when you exceed speeds of 35MPH.”

I’m having the strangest issue when I use the center console suspension height controls, from standard height it will not lower beyond that but also on the same token… it WILL raise all the way, but then my down paddle doesn’t work and I have to drive over 35MPH for it to drop. I tried leaving it overnight and when I came out the next morning it was still all the way in the air… so while it’s not a critical problem… it’s confusing.

Any suggestions on this?

Old 04-13-2023, 10:30 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 777 Likes on 651 Posts

Switch is likely dirty. If a spill was done to the center console, that can also be why. It is a ****-poor design by LR to not have a water resistant center console. But it is not sure difficult to remove the entire assembly and clean/repair. In fact I do it a couple times a year because of my dog....

Old 04-14-2023, 12:04 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
Switch is likely dirty. If a spill was done to the center console, that can also be why. It is a ****-poor design by LR to not have a water resistant center console. But it is not sure difficult to remove the entire assembly and clean/repair. In fact I do it a couple times a year because of my dog....
Thank you. That sure sounds like something to check out; do you have a reliable guide for disassembly? I’ve been trying to keep in mind I am working with 19 year old plastic and to be extra gentle with how brittle it can be… still haven’t found a replacement for my A pillar exterior trim.. snapped loose while driving on the highway.

Old 04-14-2023, 12:21 AM
Camel Trophy

Since this is a common issue, plenty of material to search on here.

Old 04-14-2023, 12:36 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
Since this is a common issue, plenty of material to search on here.
Gotcha. I’ll do some digging.

I’ve got to say, for all the ‘common issues’ I found when researching this vehicle… I’ve thankfully not had a single one that I was worried about… just a bunch of random ones that I hadn’t dreamed of. Haha.

I appreciate the guidance.

Old 04-14-2023, 06:35 PM
Camel Trophy

The advantage to such an old vehicle is all the known issues are, well, very well known by now. And the uncommon ones have come up enough that someone probably wrote about it too. So there are DIY solutions out there for pretty much everything.