LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver well wet carpet

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver well wet carpet

Ok, need some thoughts gang. Picked up the 05 LR from the 75K service this am (not that I think that is related mind you). They washed it and I drove it into work. Getting in after work I noticed wet carpet. Lifted up the mat and more water. Drove it home - important - not in the rain, but on wet roads. Got home and even wetter. Put it up on jacks, took the tire off assuming i could find a problem with the well. Nothing. Got underneath with a flashlight and it was dry. Got the kid up on the roof to check for leaves or something plugging water channels. Nothing. clean. So the wettest part - I think it wicks away from here - is the base of the foot support where it meets the door sill. Push the carpet down and you see the wire channel. I don't think it's a rust hole as I didn't see one under the truck, but it's tight in there. I don't think it's coming from above as the foam inside the dash feels dry to the touch.

I think it's got to be coming from the water being thrown up by the tire. It's never done this before. I've owned it for over a year. Great truck. Is there a plug under there or something that might have come loose/out?

I've taken this thing through rivers and never had any issues. Now this.

Any thoughts. Thanks everyone.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take it back to the dealer and show them.
Before service --> dry, never wet
After service and wash --> wet

Old 10-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Mudding

Yeah thanks I know. Got home after they closed and they are closed all weekend. I'll leave them a message tonight so it's on record. Any other thoughts>??

Old 10-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So it wettest by the dead pedal? Let me check the manual and see if there's an A-pillar drain or condendate drain somewhere close

Old 10-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Mudding

Yes, right there. Thanks.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:09 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

possible cause could be the seals around the windshield is bad and letting rain water or high pressure washer water coming through and going down to your floor.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Mudding

Yes. Correct, but a flashlight into the firewall with plastic cover up on the right side under the hood didn't show anything, couldn't feel anything wet. That means nothing but I still think it was from below as the wet got worse with the wet road and no rain. My first impulse was to ignore it as the service guy could have done something weird in the car wash. But I'm passed thinking that now.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Mudding

Also I think it's to far from the windshield and too concentrated

Old 10-19-2012, 08:18 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

possible that the sunroof drains are clogged. Seen both sides clog up. Clean them up and recheck. if the apillars are loose then chances are its leaking thru them. You just need a new kit that includes new clips and a cover over the old area where there is a whole on the bottom now.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Mudding

Yes, thanks and I will do that, but again it wasn't raining it was wet on the road. I know it went through a car wash but it got worse this pm. I will check that though. Thx

Quick Reply: Driver well wet carpet